CHAPTER 1

‼️ READ EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED FIRST ‼️
Otherwise none of this will make sense and it's only going to spoil the shit that happened in that book :)

♛ ♛ ♛ ♛

"This is why I left, because I got pregnant with YOUR baby." I yelled at Zion.

Zion looked like he just saw a ghost. He looked between Josiah and me, before sitting down again. I wanted him to say something, but at the same time I was scared to know what he would have to say. I mean, I just told him that this is his son that I hid from him after I disappeared.

Josiah started to fuzz again. I was already so stressed with the whole Zion situation that I started tearing up a bit. It was all just too overwhelming for me. I know I don't have any right to stress at this point, but it be like that sometimes.

Zion looked at me while I was struggling with handling Josiah. He didn't do anything but just sit there at first. To my surprise he stood up and walked over to us at some point. "Can I hold him?" Zion whispered, but loud enough for me to hear it. I couldn't bring myself to say something so I just handed him Josiah.

Zion picked him up and just stared at him. He eyed him up and down. I could see a tear roll down his face. In this moment Josiah was just staring at Zion who was still crying. I could see why he reminded me so much of Zion, they literally look the same. I don't know how Mandy didn't notice. Janae came back into the room and didn't know what to do. "Momma, why is Zion crying?" She said as she walked over to Zion.

Zion sat down on the couch making Janae sit down too. She stood on the couch, even though it's not allowed, to wipe away his tears. "I love you lil J." He said smiling, This is probably the first time I've seen him smile tonight. I don't blame him tho...

"I love you too Zion." Janae said in the cutest way possible. Janae stood up again and grabbed one of Zions hand. "What is it lil J?" Zion asked. "My toys." She simply replied dragging him along. I just let them do their thing. After all this time he deserved some alone time with them. When it was time for a diaper change Zion came back and asked me to change his diaper since he didn't know how to do it. He handed me Josiah again and put his shoes on. "Where you going?" Janae asked with a sad face.

"I'm going home baby. I'll be back tomorrow." He answered and kissed her forehead. He then turned to me and said "I'll be over again tomorrow. Don't even think about running away again." I couldn't even be mad about the way he spoke to me, he had every right to.

I really have to text Malyn, but right now I'm too tired so I put all of our pj's on and headed to bed. When I tucked Janae in she told me she didn't want Zion to leave again. This made me feel guilty cause all this time I didn't know that she thought that Zion left us. "He won't baby."

The next day

Zions POV

I woke up feeling hungry, so I made my way downstairs to go get something to eat. When I walked down the stairs, I could smell the delicious bacon my mom used to make us for breakfast back in the days. "Morning Caleb." I didn't notice that she turned around. I gave her a hug and quickly snatched one of the bacon strips from one of the plates. Once she noticed I grabbed one she slapped my hand.

"Why did you come home so late yesterday?" She asked. And at this moment it hit me. I didn't explain anything to my mom. For all she knows, I'm here to see Jaylen and Janae after a year. I don't know how much Jaylen told her about Josiah, so this might give her a slight heart attack knowing my mom.

♛ ♛ ♛ ♛

Words: 674
Published: Feb. 19th 2020