CHAPTER 3

3 hours later

The kids fell asleep about 10 minutes ago so Jaylen and I put them in their beds. When we got back to the living room it was really awkward. We just both sat on the couch without saying anything. I don't know what Jay was doing but I just scrolled through my insta trying to find the right words to say.

About 10 minutes later

"I'm going to grab something to drink. Do you want anything?" She asked me after what felt like the longest silence ever. She stood up and walked to the kitchen.

"Uhm, what do you have?" I asked as she opened her fridge and showed me a bottle of coke, apple juice, water and sprite.

"I'm good with water." I said. she walked back to the couch and handed me my water.

"So..." she said, following a long ass silence yet again. "How have you been since you heard the news?" She continued. I don't really know how to respond to that. One part of me hates her at this moment, but the other part is still looking for answers. but right now I'm trying not to say  anything that might hurt her feelings, even though she hurt mine.

I could tell that she was scared of my answer by the way she sat there. She kept fiddling with her hands and didn't look at me, not one time.

I cleared my throat before i spoke up. "As of right now, im just confused." I said before sighing. "I just wanna say that it was really stupid of me to do this, but at the time I felt like this was my only option." She said with a shaky voice. "I don't understand tho, what made you feel like running away?" i started getting annoyed, but didn't want to scare her off. "I don't know... feelings I guess."

"Feelings I guess? it must have only been your own feelings, cause from what i understand you clearly didn't think about either my, Janae or my sons feelings one bit." I whisper yelled at her. "I did, but it was already too late to come back. you'd hate me regardless." she sniffed.
I wanted to feel bad for her but she kept my son, that I didn't even know about up until now, away from me.

"So you just disappear with Janae, give birth to my child without telling me and all you could come up with as an excuse was 'feelings'." I stopped talking to give her the chance to say something too, or make up for that sorry of an excuse she just gave me, but she stayed silent. "I'm really sorry Z." her sniffles became louder and i could now see the many tears she had rolling down her cheeks.

"Does my mom know?" That question probably hit really hard, cause when she realized what I just asked her, she started sobbing even harder. "Huh? does she?" I asked again after not getting an answer. "N-no." she quietly said, but loud enough for me to hear her. At this moment I just wanted to flip her coffee table, but I stayed as calm as I could. My mom treated her as if she was her own, even helped her hiding from me and god knows what more to just be lied to.

For the past 7 minutes or so I have been yelling at Jaylen, telling her she needs to tell my mom herself and fix whatever problems she has.

"Zion, why are you yelling at mommy?" I turned my head to the living room entrance to see Janae looking scared. At this point my heart broke. I thought it couldn't get worse then this... but to see the little girl I love so much and treat as my own look scared of her life because of me. "It's nothing baby. Go to your room, I'll be there in a minute." Jayden wiped her cheeks dry to look strong for her daughter. because of me. The little girl made her way back to her room and an awkward silence filled the room.

"I think it's better if I go." I said.

"I'm sorry it had to go this way. I really wanted to understand your point of view,but you're not letting me..." I said as I opened the door and walked out.

Words: 728 words

Published: April 4th 2020