Chapter 1

Jack Frost loves being around kids, making them happy, whether or not they can see him. He never likes seeing any of them sad, mad, depressed, or scared.

He has been a Guardian for five years and enjoys every minute of it.

Granted, when he first started, he was scared and unsure of himself being a Guardian. He did not avoid the four because he learned a lot about where they came from and what they did for the world's kids when he had to help them fight Pitch Black.

He and Bunny have also been getting along, though occasionally they will bump heads, being that they are both strong alpha males.

He does what needs to be done for his winters, just as the Big Four do for their work. He still does what he has always done. For being a Sprite of one of four seasons, it is the way it is, and he can not help that.

Jack heads back to the North Pole after flying to many parts of the world, giving out his snow in many different forms.

He has his own room, but he does not always stay at the Pole; it will take a long time before he gets used to living somewhere that is not Burgess, Pennsylvania.

He gets to North's Headquarters and walks to his room for some rest, but not before he tells North that he has returned.

Jack took a nap for about an hour. He was hoping for a little longer, but a yeti awoken him, telling him that the big guy needed to see him.

"What about?" Jack asked groggily.

He could not remember this yeti's name. There were so many of them to even try...That, or he was too sleepy to even care at this moment.

The full grey yeti responds in his yeti language, saying, "There is something that he needs you to do."

At least Jack could understand their language better than he could remember their names.

"Can't it wait? I was sleeping."

The yeti shakes his head no, which makes Jack sigh in annoyance. He throws his feet over the bed and stands up slowly.

I bet North would be annoyed if he were awakened from his nap, Jack thought to himself.

The giant beast waits for him patiently at the door.

Even though Jack can find North's office on his own, the unknown yeti leads him there, anyway.

He swears he will, eventually, recall this one's name.

******

The two get to the door of North's office, and the yeti knocks three times.

"Come in, Jack!" North yells from the other side.

The grey yeti opens the door, and Jack walks in.

"I told you I was getting some shut-eye," Jack tells him, still annoyed as he walks further into the room. The yeti leaves the two, closing the door behind him. "That yeti told me you need me to do something."

"George was correct."

Oh, right! That was his name!

Was not there another yeti or an elf with the same name?

Okay, yep, he was tired.

"So, what is it?" he asks, plopping down onto a chair.

"You have been requested," North answers, still sitting behind his desk.

"Requested?" Jack is confused, "By who?"

"A little girl," he picks up the letter before him and hands it to Jack.

Jack looks over the letter, "North, I can't read this. I'm not good at reading kid's handwriting."

"Ah, no worries!" North takes back the letter, "I've gotten used to knowing how to read them. I forget others cannot."

Jack still has tiredness in his eyes, but he forces himself to hear the whole letter.

The letter read:

Dear Santa,

Can you bring more snow? Daddy keeps yelling at mommy and leaving marks, and I want to hide in the snow so he can't find me.

My arm still hurts from the other day. He said I was bad because he stepped on my toys that were by my bed.

Can you bring lots of snow? I want to hide like an Eskimo!

Love, Krystall

Jack's face is in shock. He is definitely, wide awake now.

"Her, her dad beats her, and her mom?"

"I'm afraid so," North answers with a sad expression.

"Where does Krystall live?" Jack asks, standing up.

"In Flagstaff, Arizona," the big man answers.

"I will give her what she wants," he walks toward the door.

"Jack," North joins him on the other side of the desk, stopping the Winter Sprite before he even touches the doorknob.

Jack feels as though he needs to hurry to help the young girl but looks back at him to hear more of what he needs to say.

"That child needs more than just your snow. You must put your Guardian duties to the test."

"How?"

"You must protect her."

"How can I protect her from someone who can't see me?" Jack asks worriedly.

"I cannot give you all the answers, Jack." He places a hand on his shoulder, "You must figure that out on your own. is your number one priority until she is safe."

"For how long?"

"As long as it need be."

North sees his still worried face, "Do not worry, you can still go off to do Wintery things, but you must always return to her."

Jack nods slowly.

"And any one of us will keep eye on you in case of anything."

Jack smiles slightly with the same nod.

"You will do fine," he tells him warmly. "Man in Moon would not have chosen you as Guardian if he knew you could not care and protect the children."

Jack's smile widens more. "I should get going."

"If you need to catch up on sleep—"

"No. No." He waves his hands and shakes his head, "That little girl needs me."

After he gets the address, Jack heads to Flagstaff.