before

Spider-Man pov
—————————-
The day started out casual enough. I was using my webs to fly across the buildings of the city, at the time I was fighting "mister Distructinator" who was one of the newer villains that hadn't really gotten any attention and was trying to make a name for himself. (I'll be honest I can relate) and he had created a new handful of inventions that he had began testing with any random citizen that happened to be walking by. Obviously I had to stop him so I was chasing him around and trying to web up his weapons and gadgets. I had managed to snatch a couple of them but there were still two or three left.

I decided since the items he had were hand held to reach closer to him and his weapons. Now in hindsight that was probably a bad idea- but at the time all I was thinking about was taking this villain down.

"Mister Disructinator would you be a good little scientist and hand over your weapons?" I asked him mockingly.

The villain smirked and cocked one of his weapons. I looked at him confused until I realized what he was doing. However when I figured out I was too late to do anything about it. I was doomed. I couldn't do anything. I was going to experience what was going to happen. There was nothing I could do to stop the situation at any moment. I stood there frozen in place as I didn't have enough time to move out of the way. I was-

Okay that's enough spidey we really need to get this story on the road- oh right silly me! You can't hear me, only the readers can- oh speaking of which hello reader! It's me your friendly neighborhood deadpool™️

Anyways this story is getting a bit boring so let's speed it up a bit!¡

I'll be sure to see you in chapter 3 my spider friend.

Suddenly I was hit with a laser. The pain was unbearable and I could hardly hold myself up. I felt like I was being being stabbed by thousands of pins and needles from all directions of my body. I fell to the ground and looked at the villain. A mix of shock and fear was directed at him as he stood there watching me. The more I struggled to fight the pain the worse it seemed to feel. The needles now felt like swords being impaled into my skin, leaving it hard for me to breath. I had lost all feelings in my limbs and I was starting to for the other parts of my body as well.

I didn't hear much of what was going on but I remember hearing the scientist who had inflicted so much pain onto me say "the experiment is a success,"

I blinked. Hey at least I could move my eyes! Or to be more specific my eyelids. However soon after I had lost the ability to blink and my vision started to blur.

The city was starting to convert into night mode and the lights and sounds all mixed together. Blues and greens looked the same and it was impossible to tell clearly very different objects apart. I at one point had somehow mistaken a bus stop for a car.

Luckily (if you can even call it that) I wasn't walking towards anything. I was still kneeling down in pain from the laser being directly aimed at me. And presumably aimed specifically to me on purpose.

"Report back to headquarters. I think this one is actually going to work," I heard the same villain say in a very surprised and optimistic voice.. it was hard to tell what else had said as at the moment I was loosing consciousness.

I struggled to fight staying awake. The thought of resting and laying down my head seemed more and more like the better option. come to us. we promise you will feel much better. why suffer when you can just rest here on the soft ground, with us.

I had lost so much of myself in those moments I had started to forget who I was. Where I came from. And how I got to be in the place I was.

Was I a hero fighting for the city that had somehow gotten hit with a device? or was I simply a boy pretending to be one that had gotten tasered by the police?

To me one seemed like more of a reasonable explanation for my current situation.

The feeling of the laser around my body was somehow beginning to feel comforting to me, clearly because I couldn't remove or get away from it. It felt as if I was being draped in a warm worn down blanket. That blanket being old and dirty and covered in dirt and dust. It was a very scratchy blanket as well. Kind of like an ugly Christmas sweater someone cut the sleeves off of and passed it off as a blanket that they then gave to an unsuspecting grandchild.

There was no hope for me now. I wasn't going to get out of this alive. I remember thinking I was surely going to die from this. The scratchy blanket assured me of that.

I had thought this until something remarkable happened. Something I realized that I hadn't previously because of the immense pain I was experiencing...