I'm gone?

Spider-Man pov
————————-

I tried to wake up. I didn't know how long I had been unconscious but I assumed it had been a while. I started to feel my body become less numb. I almost felt like I could move. Almost. I was still in a somewhat deep dream state.

I was aware I was in a dream but I had no way to get out. I felt trapped. I felt like a mouse trapped in an invisible cage and eventually the mouse figured out they were in this invisible cage but were left there giving up because they had no way of getting out of it.

That's what I am I guess. A defenseless little mouse in a lab being tested on by sketchy looking scientists. I didn't consent to this. I didn't sign a waver or really anything.

The more I stayed in what I saw as a dome. (I called it a dream dome- I know it's so original) the more I regretting pitying the villains that put me in this situation to begin with.

Mister Distructinator was definitely not an old villain but they for sure had a thought out plan for years. Perhaps he was working for someone and only just recently had been allowed to work on the field and fight with the heroes as well as other humans and non-humans.

I hated that I had given him the benefit of the doubt and thought he would slip up- make some mistake that I could use. But I had fallen right into his trap.

I really needed to stop going easy on the new villains because some of them were legitimate classy demon spawn with their fighting and and vocal techniques. It was honestly kind of impressive how good some of the newbies were and I was starting to question my own strength because of it. Especially the most recent experience I had.

I felt I could move but I somehow couldn't. I heard things around me with no way to react. I have to say this was probably some form of psychiatric torture.

I heard someone saying my name repeatedly. I didn't know who and honestly at the moment I didn't care.

Wake up. That's all I needed to do, just wake up. But it seemed I had no way of doing so. Why was I even trying if it wasn't ever going work?

I had almost given up completely before I remembered something. As I was about to recall it the thought instantly disappeared and I felt as if it was purposeful. Like in some way someone was erasing bits and pieces of my memories of certain events. The problem was I didn't know which events were being effected.

Being in this state really made me feel like a drugged hostage that was tied up in their sleep. Except I wasn't tied up- at least I hoped I wasn't tied up. And come to think of it it was very unclear if I was given some sort of drug while I was knocked out. There wasn't really any way of testing it because my sense of taste was still numb from still being asleep.

Speaking of numbness my body was starting to regain its previous numbness and I was loosing feeling in a lot of my body once again. When would this nightmare end? I was this close to waking up. Why did I have to get stopped moments before it happened?

My brain started to go fuzzy and I started to have a very soft and warm dream about- well I don't really remember what it was about but I remember it was very easy to adjust to, it felt as though I could snuggle up with the dream and stay with said dream forever. It felt amazing and I was almost tempted to not resist. However I knew the game. I knew at some point I'd have to try to fight it or I would end up dying because of it.

The soft and fuzzy feelings is a way to get prey to not want to leave. To basically stay with you forever. I felt like I was being wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket that was filled with puppies and rainbows. It felt very nice but it was obvious the feeling was artificial. I sighed realizing what I'd have to do to get out of it. I had come up with a plan but I was still going to miss the comforting and secure feeling world of the dream.

"Bye dream," I said solemnly and slightly waving as I left the dream to go into my consciousness. My thoughts.

All I had to do was trigger the right one and I'd wake up. I knew one of them would work... the problem was I didn't really know which one.

I went through a ton of memories, none of which really ended up working. Some were ones I honestly wished I forgot. (Really like they were not pretty) and others made me smile a bit after remembering their existence.

The one in which I managed to find that for me out of the situation was one I honestly have forgotten. I don't remember what it was and frankly I think that was how it was meant to be. I wasn't supposed to remember it so therefor that's just how it ended up being.

I felt myself finally waking up. Finally it was happening! However I felt sort of... strange. Like I couldn't quit put my finger on it but something didn't really feel right. I didn't feel right. I opened my eyes and..