Introduction

A/N: A few opening words for my pet project.

Minecraft.

First introduced to the world in 2010, this sensational game took the world by storm. From crafting to mining to farming to fighting, players could do it all from the safety of their own home as they explored an ever-expanding virtual world. The flame never really died out, and an entire generation grew up on this game. And another followed in their footsteps.

The only problem, however, was the fact that there was no lore. What are ghasts and creepers? Where did the zombies and skeletons come from? Are iron golems automatons or living creatures? Where did the other humans go, if there even were any?

With every update came more questions. Traces of a past long forgotten by the current society--the villagers--was becoming more and more visible with sunken, untouched monuments, with abandoned and crumbling temples, with sprawling fortresses made from dark brick that stood tall and unchanging in a whole new dimension. New creatures slowly began to appear--bees, magma cubes, ravagers, hoglins--and nothing was truly set in stone for the world. You could create. You could decide what your story would be. You held the world in your hand, and it was your key to an everlasting adventure.

But that's not gonna explain what the heck the giant gray-and-brown illager-faced Triceratops is doing outside my door, unhinging its jaw to scream in fury as it kills every other resident in my village. 

So, therefore, if nothing was set in stone, who's to say I couldn't try and explain anything? Who's to say I couldn't give a backstory to the illagers? Say why a creeper has to be so tall? Try and find the chemical makeup of redstone? 

After all, this is Minecraft.

If it's not an ore, it's not set in stone.