Hostile Mob Headcanons: Creeper

When a creeper looks at you, you can instantly feel your blood turn to ice. Moving on four swift legs, its jungle green body grows wider and wider, and it's hissing like a cat whose belly has been petted one too many times. You try to run, you try to get away before it catches you, but it's too late. With a booming explosion, you die, a crater in the ground and your lost inventory all that is left of you.

But why, you ask? What does it want with you? All you were doing was chopping down a single oak tree!

And that--that "why"--is precisely why this is the first real chapter. 

...

- Creepers have very tall bodies because they need to study the landscape around them. They are extremely territorial creatures, and they also need to see where the next best place to eat is.

- The reason creepers don't attack other creepers, if spawned near them, is because they aren't territorial towards them. They aren't stupid. They know that the player would easily kill them for their gunpowder.

- That's not a sad expression you see on that lanky green creature. Those are its mandibles and open mouth. 

-Short, very thick, not-so-soft fur covers its body, with some darker green patterns. Creeper fur isn't held very high in value in villages/amongst players, as it's too short for a thick blanket, too rough for clothing, and just generally seems to have no use to humanoids. They're actually quite dirty, and there's a bit of grass/dirt/who-knows-what mixed in with the fur for camouflage and scent-masking.

- Their intelligence level is similar to that of a komodo dragon.

- Creepers are a genderless species who reproduce asexually with spores. They release many, though only a fraction of them will grow into adults. 

- They explode for several reasons, and blowing up doesn't actually kill them. Seriously, they explode for many reasons--to attack, to spread their spores, even to create a new nest, if nothing else suitable is around--but they will always come back. Like a phoenix, the creeper rises from its own ashes after a few hours or days, and returns to life as normal. A very, very rare genetic disorder, called mortem crepitus, Opposite Phoenix Syndrome, or simply "The Death Boom" (a more humorous common name), kills the creeper instantly after it explodes. It passed on because, by chance, a creeper spread its spores, died, and a few of its offspring did the same.

- Gunpowder is a substance that isn't really all that much like real-world gunpowder apart from its name. It's produced inside a specialized organ in the creeper's body and allows it to explode. To creepers, it is a healing savior, and trace amounts in the remains bring it back from the ashes after the explosion.

- Creepers briefly go into a sort of mini-coma inside their mind immediately after they explode. It's all darkness, and they can't feel nor remember anything.

- Most are solitary, but a few choose to form packs with other creepers. These are commonly made up of siblings, but forming a pack in adulthood isn't unheard of.

- Creepers aren't very sensitive to electricity and will sometimes go around static electricity shocking other creepers they have formed a pack with for fun. Charged creepers, however, can cause another creeper to explode by doing this.

- Creepers do not often seek mates, but, rarely, can do so if they choose. 

- Young creepers are self-sufficient and can survive without their parents immediately after the spores are released.

A/N: Woohoo! First chapter done! I'm proud of myself and glad I managed this. Mobs will be headcanon-ed first, then eventually structures and blocks. The order of mobs will be hostile, neutral, and peaceful, with the player at the end. I'll try to separate mobs from different dimensions.

Next chapter will be either skeletons or guardians.