We need to talk

"What the hell was all that shouting last night?" Steph asked Millie, Rachel and Jill. The four of them had been sharing rooms to either side of Leah and Keira's, Steph and Jill to the left with Rachel and Millie to the right.
"I didn't hear anything... I have to wear headphones all night sharing a room with this one." Millie glanced at the woman next to her who was trying to balance a spoon on her upper lip.
"That's why you never answer me..." Rachel looked jokingly deeply offended for a second before filling Millie in with what she had heard the previous night with Steph and Jill chipping in.

"It sounded like Lucy and Jordan were there too and I heard some slammed doors From down the hall" Jill said. "Should we ask them what's going on? I mean it sounded pretty bad."
"I'll ask them in training." Steph replied. "Those 4 are best friends and if they're arguing I need to sort it out for them and the whole team, they'll all feel it too if something's wrong."

---

"Jord, Luce, walk with me to the training pitch?" Steph called over to the pair.
"Yeah, sure." Jordan called back.
The three of them were walking side by side for a few minutes before Steph started...
"So um... what was all that last night are you guys okay?"
Lucy and Jordan lowered their gaze, not wanting relive what had happened last night.
"Don't worry about it Steph." Lucy spoke softly and Steph could hear the pain in her voice.
"You're clearly not okay Lucy... what happened, I can help... or try to at least."
"It's nothing." Lucy was still staring at the ground. Jordan was beginning to get emotional again thinking about what had happened with Leah.
"Lucy-"
"STEPH JUST DROP IT ALRIGHT?!" Jordan couldn't hold her emotions in any longer, she sped up and got in front of Lucy and Steph, they could see Jordan raise her arm to wipe her tears away. She threw her head up in anger and was now almost running towards the training pitch to be on her own for at least a couple of minutes before everyone piled in.

When Lucy and Steph caught up to her they could see a wet patch on her shirt that she had been using for her face and her eyes were red and puffy. Steph put her hand on Lucy's back sympathetically before Lucy headed towards Jordan, and Steph went to go set up, wanting to give them some space. Lucy pulled Jordan into a hug before reassuring her that they were going to be okay and everything was going to be fine. Although she wasn't sure how much of this she believed herself. Lucy then went to go and help Steph move one of the goals forward.

Beth was the next one onto the pitch and instantly ran towards Jordan seeing how red her face was.
"Hey jord what's wrong?" Beth asked worriedly. Jordan could no longer get any words out and just hugged her friend for some kind of comfort.

 Jordan could no longer get any words out and just hugged her friend for some kind of comfort

Beth could see some of the other girls approaching in the distance. "Do you wanna talk about this?" She said softly in Jordan's ear.
"Not now." Jordan wiped her face and took a deep breath, also noticing the other girls. "I'll be fine." She spoke more confidently now.

She began her warm up, as the girls piled in, thinking about everything except last night - as long as she didn't think about it she'd be fine.

Leah was the last one to arrive (5 minutes late) where she was met with sarcastic clapping.
"Thanks guys." Leah rolled her eyes. She began trying to find Jordan in the crowd with her eyes, she had to make sure she was okay. She knew she had to explain just... not now... How was she supposed to tell Jordan she thought she was kissing her?

Jordan was the other side of the pitch not taking any chances by even glancing in Leah's direction. How could Leah do this to her?

The 4 of them of them made their way through the very awkward training session, avoiding each other to the best of their ability except Jordan and Lucy who were always there for each other. All of them knew that they needed to talk about this but all of them for different reasons.

As the girls piled into the changing rooms Keira approached Lucy, and Leah approached Jordan at opposite ends of the changing room. As if they were working off the same brain wave, the pair of them uttered those words... those dreaded words

"We need to talk..."