The set up

In case you forgot what happened (since it was 2 chapters ago again) here's how it ended before:

Lucy and Keira began getting ready to meet Steph, both completely unaware they were both doing the same thing - just hoping for a chat with Steph...

--------------------------

Steph sat in her normal place in the corner of their usual coffee shop, facing the door so she could see who was walking in. She had arrived a little earlier than expected so she went to buy coffees for herself, Keira and Lucy while she waited.

---

Keira picked up her key and left her room, phone in one hand, keys in the other. She was dying for a coffee now and couldn't wait to see Steph for one. Her phone vibrated in her hand - it was a text from Alan (Man city's manager). He had made a group chat with her Demi and Steph...
"Hey girls! Hope you're doing okay on England camp. As you know it's Ellen's birthday coming up so I was wondering if you girls would be willing to help set up a surprise party for her? Let me know when you're free."

Keira smiled as different thoughts flashed into her mind about what they could do - and what pranks they could pull.

She hurried towards the coffee shop now, excited to talk it over with Steph.

Keira was around halfway there when she noticed Demi, Jill and Gemma Bonner ahead of her. She sped up her pace even more then, as she wanted to see if Demi had read the message yet.

She was now just a few metres behind them, moving as quietly as she could, ready to try and scare Demi.

"- yeah but Lucy's different I mean-"

Keira froze as she heard Lucy's name mentioned by Gemma and her heart sank for a second. But Lucy promised...

"I just feel so safe with her-"

Keira felt a burning sensation move up through her throat.

"I don't know. I guess I'll see what she thinks next week."

Keira stopped. She couldn't listen to anymore. She realised they had strayed from the path to the coffee shop, which gave her the opportunity to turn around and get as far away from them as possible.

The more Keira thought about it, the more anger built up inside her and she was about ready to burst. She was almost at the coffee shop by now and had no idea what she was going to say to Steph.

---

Steph had been sitting there for around 15 minutes, just scrolling through Instagram, when Keira walked in, dead on 4. She had a look on her face that both worried and scared Steph as she sat down next to Steph around the table slightly. Steph put her phone away and passed Keira her coffee.

"Thanks Steph." Keira drank some of her coffee, not making any eye contact, trying to stay composed.

"Keira what's up?" Steph was becoming more worried. She could see something in Keira's eyes... She just couldn't tell what.

"I-" Keira was doing her best now to keep her voice as normal as possible. "I overheard Gemma on the way..." Keira said through gritted teeth. "Talking about Lucy"
"But I thought they were-"
"Yeah so did I." Keira abruptly cut Steph off not wanting to hear it again, almost shaking with rage.

Steph saw the door open over Keira's shoulder. Keira noticed Steph becoming a little fidgety in her seat and took this as an opportunity to try to forget for a second.

"Steph? Why did you get 3 coffees?" Steph was still watching the door to see who would walk in.
"Oh uh..." Steph still wasn't looking at Keira. Someone was about to walk in. "Please don't let it be her, not now." Steph thought to herself.

After what felt like a lifetime, Jill walked in and Steph let out a little sigh of relief. "Jill!" Steph shouted over to her friend. "I uh got one for Jill too." Steph was now able to focus on Keira again and took her eyes off the door.

Jill made her way towards the girls in the corner, however she wasn't the only one... Steph had been so quick to turn back to Keira that she hadn't noticed that Jill was not alone and Keira did not turn around - trying to calm herself down before greeting her friend.

Steph reached for the other coffee on the table, "Here Ji-" Steph stopped and gulped. "Oh uh hey Luce."
Keira's head snapped around on hearing her name. "Lucy..." She said threateningly. Lucy looked at Steph for help. "You've got a lot of nerve." Keira was strugging to keep her voice steady and stop herself from shouting.
Steph turned to her "Keira..."
Keira closed her eyes and took a deep breathe before opening them again and glaring to her side.

Jill sat down on the other side of Steph, seemingly not sensing the atmosphere. This left just one seat: opposite Steph, between Jill and Keira. Lucy sat down unsure whether this was a good idea or not.

"Steph! We're late for that thing!" Jill suddenly jumped up.
"What thing?" She looked at her friend confused.
"You know... the thing. Quick let's go!" Jill subtly winked at Steph so Lucy and Keira wouldn't see.
"Ohh that thing!"
The pair of them stood up leaving Lucy and Keira at the table alone.
Keira was about to follow them out not wanting to be with Lucy any longer.

"So come on then. I'm here now are you gunna explain anything?" Keira looked back at Lucy.
"Lucy are you serious?! It really only took you one day? Or was it happening before?"
"What did?" Confusion and anger flickered across Lucy's face. How was this being turned onto her?! "Are you gunna tell me why you were kissing Leah then?!"
"Thought I'd get some payback." Keira was now just standing next to where Lucy was sat.
"Keira what the hell are you talking about?"
"Well." Keira started casually as if it was normal, feeling that she had the upper hand. "I thought I'd get into bed with Leah so you know how it feels."
"What??" Lucy couldn't understand what she was trying to say.
"It's not nice getting a taste of your medicine is it?" Lucy really couldn't understand why Keira was doing this to her.
"My own medicine?"
Keira looked Lucy straight in the eyes now. "Gemma." Keira turned and begin to walk away not wanting to hear anymore from Lucy.

Lucy instantly got up and followed Keira out of the coffee shop. "Keira are you seriously doing this again? I promised you-"
Keira stopped in her tracks and whipped around to face Lucy. "I heard her, Lucy." Keira's voice was now full of hate.
"But-"
"I'm done Lucy." Keira continued speed walking on. Lucy gave up trying to follow her as her body turned to stone and she just wanted the ground to swallow her up. She hated how it had become for them over one stupid kiss - and just after they had just gotten over everything else too...