It was a mistake

"I don't wanna hear it Keira" Lucy shook her head, turning to get changed.
"Can we go and grab that coffee you asked about yesterday?" Keira asked quietly.
"Keira are you actually being serious?" Lucy whipped around, suddenly finding the courage the look Keira in the eyes. "I saw you in that room with Leah just a few hours after I asked you for that... Keira you know-"
"Lucy please... just let me explain..." Lucy could see this was tearing her apart and it hurt her to see that, even though she couldn't admit that yet.
"What could there possibly be to explain Keira?! Just leave me alone yeah?"
Keira began to tear up, so even if she wanted to, she couldn't stay to convince Lucy otherwise.
"Hey are you guys okay?" Steph approached the girls, after hearing the raised voices above the racket the other girls were making.
Keira definitely could not speak at this point so she gathered up everything she had and went straight back to her room without changing. A few of her teammates had noticed this but most of them didn't really think anything of it... she was probably just tired and wanted to get back to her room they thought.

Lucy didn't say anything either and continued with what she had been doing before.

Steph, however, got changed as quick as she could and passed her bag to Jill after asking her to take it up to their room for her. Steph practically ran to Keira's room... she hadn't seen her like that in a long time.

She knocked on the door... no reply.
"Keira?" She knocked again. Still no answer. "Keira you know I'll sit outside this door until you let me in." This time Steph heard a sigh on the other side of the door. A shaky voice replied: "Steph I'm fine... just go back to the others."
"Keira let me in." Steph was growing more and more worried now - as far as she knew there had only been a silly little argument between them... but that couldn't cause Keira or the others to be this upset...

Keira knew from past experience that Steph wouldn't just drop it and she would stay there all night if she had to so she slowly opened the door for her, looking behind her to make sure she was alone.

Keira walked over and sat on her bed staring at nothing in particular. Steph carefully shut the door and went to sit next to Keira on the bed, thinking about how she was going to approach this with Keira.
"Keira... what's going on between you guys?"
"It... it was a mistake.... I-"
"Keira, what was a mistake?"
"I didn't know it was Leah I was-"
"Didn't know what was Leah?" Steph was growing more and more confused by the situation now.
"Steph I was dreaming..." Keira was beginning to compose herself now. "I thought I was with Lucy on the training pitch... And then uh... we were walking back to our room... And then it happened with Lucy but it wasn't actually Lucy and I wasn't dreaming anymore-" Keira was beginning to trip over her words and was becoming less and less calm with every word as she tried to just blurt it all out to Steph.
"What happened Keira?" Steph urged her to continue. Keira took a minute before continuing.
"I kissed her Steph." She said just loud enough for Steph to hear her.
"You kissed Lucy in your dream?"
"I thought... But I woke up... it was dark... I though I was sharing with Lucy but it was Leah next to me... I didn't kno-" Steph pulled Keira in for hug, seeing tears start building in her eyes.
"And then Lucy and Jordan walked in..."
"Oh shit Keira... that's why none of you are speaking? Did you tell them what actually happened?"
"I tried... Lucy and Jordan went back to their room and didn't give us a chance and now none of them are speaking to me..."
"I'll speak to Lucy - do you wanna grab a coffee later? Is 4 okay?"
"You can't tell her I thought it was her... she... she-"
"I won't Keira, I'll make her hear you out. You can tell her whatever you want to. So coffee?"
"Okay... Thank you Steph - I really needed someone to talk to." Keira wiped the tears from her face and hugged Steph again.

Steph got up now ready to leave. "You know where I am if you need anything, and don't forgot that coffee later!" She smiled at Keira seeing her cheer up now.

Steph left Keira to get changed, as she noticed she left had the changing rooms before she had the chance. She began walking back towards the changing rooms to try and meet Jill halfway so she didn't have to carry both their bags.

"Ah Jill hey!" Steph smiled at her roommate, who she found about halfway to the changing room. "I'll take my ba- Jill where's my bag?"
"Huh what? What bag?"
"The one I asked you to bring back to our room before I left... "
"Ohhh. Yeah I left that on the bench."
Steph shook her head laughing at Jill.
"Right. I'll meet you at the room then." Steph laughed again and carried on walking towards the changing rooms.

"Ahhh. Lucy! Just the person." Steph bumped into Lucy as she turned the corner. "Are you free later, so we can talk through some things for next week?"
Lucy was a little uneasy about what Steph was going to say.
"Uhh... y-yeah sure."
"Coffee in the normal place at 4?"
"Yeah I'll meet you there."
"Okay thanks. I've gotta go - Jill left my stuff in the changing room" Steph rolled her eyes and began walking once again. "See you in a bit, Luce." She called over her shoulder.

Lucy and Keira began getting ready to meet Steph, both completely unaware they were both doing the same thing - just hoping for a chat with Steph...