Chapter 12

Erika woke up earlier than everyone else and ate breakfast. She had to get ready and get to school. School on a Saturday? No. We're planning the sophomore dance.

She went to the school and walked to the gym. There was already people there putting things up. But they stopped and looked at her when she walked in.

"Hey..." She said to everyone. Some people waved but others just ignored her. Tracey was there and walked up to her.

"Hey Erika." He said. "I want to talk for a bit. I just want to know what's going on."

She nodded and they went to sit down on the few chairs  they already set up. "Wow, you didn't call me Macey." She chuckled a bit.

"Well, Macey is really just what I'm gonna call you when the other Acey's and Bucky are around. But they're not here." He explained.

There was a comfortable silence but he soon decided to ask a question. "What really happened? I mean, between you and Zeke." He asked. He noticed how she started playing with her hands. So he put a hand on her shoulder.

"Um... Zeke is, well, was my best friend. And I just wanted to hang out with him since he asked. And the only reason I lied to Zed is because I know he'd get jealous. I lied to Bucky because he doesn't like Zeke either, I guess I know a reason why now." She tried laughing but it didn't come out as a laugh, almost like a cry.

"He said it was just a best friend hangout. So we went after school to where he took me and we were just talking. Then he brought up Zed and how he thinks Zeke likes me but I laughed at it because we're just friends. But Zeke said it was true. After silence and a few more words, he kissed me." She said.

"And you have to believe me, I didn't kiss him. I didn't want to. Because I really love Zed, I would never do that to him. Someone set me up!" She started crying and Tracey quickly hugged her.

"I believe you, Erika. Don't worry. If no one else believes you, then you have me by your side." Tracey tried comforting.

She sniffed and sighed. "I just want to know who took the picture. They're the ones who ruined my relationship. I wanted to tell Zed when we were alone so he could understand better. Now he thinks I don't love him." She said sadly.

Tracey got up and held his hand out. Erika just looked up at him confused. "Zed is an idiot if he won't even listen to you. But right now, let's decorate for the dance! It should take your mind off him." He said.

She smiled and took his hand. "Thanks Tracey. I'm so glad you're my friend." She said and they got to work on decorating.

^_^

Monday came around and Erika was walking to her locker. As she was getting her chemistry book, she got an unpleasant guest.

"I'm so glad you're quitting cheer. Maybe it'll give me a chance to become an assistant captain, like it should've been."

Erika slammed her locker and turned towards her sister. "What happened to you? You used to be so sweet and you've become into this evil witch!" She said.

"What happened is that I realized that i was the one to deserve everything that you so happen to get." Addison replied. "I already got Zed, or almost do. And now I'm going to have assistant captain."

Erika scoffed. "Wow, Addison. So this is all based off of jealousy huh?" Addison glared at her sister but stopped when Bucky came.

"Erika! Is it true you're quitting cheer?" He asked looking afraid.

Erika looked at Bucky then at Addison who was smirking. There was a long silence until Erika smirked to herself. "No." She said. "No, I'm not."