Chapter 16

Erika's POV

I was in zombie town helping Zoey put up a sign. Everyone was either running in or out of zombie town. It was hectic.

"Zoey! Come on home! It's not safe with these werewolves on the loose. And you too Erika." Zevon said to Zoey and I.

"Just one sec." She said. Someone then walked up to us in Seabrook construction uniform and hat.

He had glasses on but his eyes were so... big.

"Have you seen a werewolf? I'm looking for a werefriend." Zoey chirped to the guy.

"Silly kid, there's no such thing as werewolves." He said to her and I glared at him. Who does he think he is?

"But we heard it howl."
"Maybe it was a hiker saying 'howls it going'"
"It was a werewolf!"

Zoey then paused and squinted her eyes at him. "My, what big eyes you have." She said. Exactly!

"Zoey! Come on." Zevon said and Zoey ran into her house. "You too, Erika. Head home or come inside."

"I'll be right there, Zevon!" I said and he nodded heading back inside.

I turned back to the guy and he stared at me. "Pink hair?" He asked me and I immediately tensed up. I guess he noticed and his eyes went soft.

"Sorry..." he mumbled.

"Okay what's your deal? Wearing the Seabrook construction uniform even though you don't work there."
"Well who said I didn't?"

"I know you don't." I said pointing a finger at him.

"Ma'am, I don't think you understand. But you have to get safe. The town thinks werewolves are real so you must get inside." He said and I simply glared at him.

"Erika! Hurry up inside so we can play!" Zoey yelled from inside.

"I'll figure you out sooner or later." I said and walked to the house. I turned around and saw him grab Zoeys drawing and walk away.

Somethings wrong about him.

I walked in and saw Zoey and Zed playing pretend. They spotted me and Zed bowed. "Oh your majesty. Would you be a dear and kindly join us in a game of make believe?" He asked in a funny British accent. I giggled.

"Well, kind sir. Since you have invited me, I politely accept." I said in my own British accent causing Zed to chuckle.

- - -

The next morning rolled around and I was getting ready for school. Today Bucky will be nominating himself to be school president. How exciting will this be?

I walked to school with Eliza and she immediately spotted Zed and Addison. They were arguing, well not really arguing.

"Ugh. You guys even fight like a perfect couple." Eliza said. I could tell she didn't really like it even if she said it as a joke, she sort of meant it.

"How's it going Eliza?" Addison asked her.

"Oh you know. Fighting injustice is keeping me busy." Eliza responded. I smiled proudly at my sister.

"And looking good doing it, Zom-bae." Addison responded.

"Erika! Time to officially nominate me as president!" Bucky yelled from the other side.

"Addison!" Lacey sang and walked up to us. Oh no...

"Once Erika is cheer captain, she's so going to kick you off the team." She said but I widened my eyes.