Chapter 13

Weeks passed by and Erika saw Zed and Addison getting closer and closer.

You know what else has gotten closer and closer? The sophomore dance. Everything has been set up and it's tomorrow night.

Erika knew for sure that she wouldn't have a date. But she knew who would.

Eliza was going with Bucky and of course Zed was going to ask Addison. I mean, how would he not? They've been so close and touchy so it'd be weird if he didn't because everyone is suspecting it.

Zeke has been trying to win Erika back but he always fails. Just yesterday he tried asking her to the dance.

Yesterday
Erika and Eliza were talking in the cafeteria when all of a sudden the doors busted open.

Everyone immediately looked over to see who caused the commotion and in walked in Zeke singing a love song to Erika.

He had some of his friends hold posters asking her to go to the dance with him.

Once he finished his song, he grabbed her hands. "Erika, I know we haven't been in the best place recently and all I want is to be your boyfriend and take you to the dance. You already know how sorry I am for everything but if you could please give me another chance and go to the dance with me, then that'd make me the luckiest man alive." He said with a sweet smile.

He didn't mean it. He wasn't sorry at all. Erika knew that. She knew that he likes her so much but doesn't even feel a bit sorry for what he did to her.

All eyes were on them. Zed staring intensely at them. For some reason, he thought after that sweet gesture she would finally forgive him and say yes.

And he was hating on that. But that didn't happen.

"Zeke-"
"Please, Erika."

It was silent for a few seconds more.

"No."

"Great- Wait what?" Zeke stopped himself.

"You still don't understand that I want nothing to do with you. And now you just humiliated me in front of everyone here!" Erika said pulling her hands away from Zeke's and running off.

"E! Wait!" Eliza called out running after her beloved sister.

Zeke clenched his fists and looked away. He too was humiliated. I guess that's it.

Present
Erika walked to school alone that morning. And sadly she had no one to comfort her when she saw Zed and Addison holding hands smiling.

Her tears started to water and she walked to her chemistry class. Bucky walked in with a huge smile and looked glamorous as ever.

"Hey cuz. How are you?" He asked sitting next to her. All she did was shrug. "Why? What's wrong now?"

Erika looked at Bucky then the door. "That." She pointed.

Bucky furrowed his brows then turned towards the door. In walked Zed and Addison laughing as they held hands.

Bucky shook his head at his cousin. He didn't know she was the kind of person to steal her sister's boyfriend but she proved him wrong.

"Don't worry about them. Addison is being a brat. I know I shouldn't be calling her names, but she's my cousin and I know she did something very very wrong that she shouldn't have to my other cousin." Bucky said rubbing Erika's back.

"Does Aunt Missy know about anything?"

"Addison has been telling her that I've been the one acting rude. But she hasn't told her about Zed." Erika said and Bucky sighed.