chapter V Jaxson

I was starting to worry. He was my mate yet he was having an anxiety attack and I had no idea why.

It was breaking my heart to see my mate this way. I didnt even care that he was my bully. All I cared about was that he was ok.

"Brother?" He mumbled as his eyes finally opened. It seemed like he was back here with us again.

That just broke my heart. Watching him react this way made me think what he went through in the past.

"Yes. It's me. I'm here. He cant touch you anymore." He said soothingly. He held his arms open. Hesitantly he crawled over to him and hugged his brother.

He broke down.

"Geez what the hell happened?" I heard Elijah ask as he came to stand next to me. I glanced over to him and frowned saddened.

"He'll never be mine will he?" I whispered quietly. He looked at me sympathetically.

"I'm afraid not. It doesnt look like hes the romantic type. He might be asexual." Mason whispered.

"I still need to know." I whispered turning my attention back to Andres.

"Hey what exactly happened to make him react this way?" I asked softly trying not to trigger anything.

The older of the two sighed. "It was something that happened in his past. He now has contreltophobia as well as chiraptophobia. It means the touch of others burns his skin and it has to do with his fear of sexual intercourse."

I sighed defeated. I was right. I had to reject him and hope my second chance mate came along.

"I Jaxson Dooley, reject you Andres Morris, as my mate and future luna." I whispered my heart breaking in two. I turned around only to walk straight into Mason. "Let's go. Theres nothing else for us to do here."

"Ok." Mason replied quietly patting my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me. "Sir, we're leaving. We'll see you around sometime."

His brother turned around and nodded gratefully at us for keeping everyone else away.

I mind linked the rest of my pack members to head home. We were no longer going to come to this school.

About an hour later we were all back at the pack house and I was up in one of the studies alone.

"Jaxson?" Elijah asked softly peeking in. "Can I come in?"

I nodded for him to come in and sit down in one of the lounge chairs next to me.

"How you holding up?" He asked genuine concern in his eyes. I shook my head.

"I dont know. We dont get second chance mates. So who am I going to have as my Luna?" I asked mainly to myself. He frowned.

"You know Ash and I both lost our mates as well. But doesnt seem to bother him much." Elijah replied.

"Why? How? Doesnt your heart feel like it broke?" I questioned staring straight at him.

"Not if it belonged to someone else." He whispered. He never broke eye contact.

I couldn't help but voice my thoughts.

"Is there a double meaning behind that?" I narrowed my eyes suspiciously. I couldn't help my curiosity.

He smiled gently towards me but said nothing.

I could hear Mason and the others in the hallway but didnt think anything of it.

"Tell him already!" I heard Asher whisper to themselves. I inwardly rolled my eyes because they just answered my question.

And if I could hear them it meant that he definitely did. But even so he didnt let on that he did. What game was he playing I wonder.

"Its nothing." He said at last. Now that I was hearing him like truly not blinded by anything I could finally see that there was true pain behind his eyes as he said those words.

"Bullshit." I frowned and crossed my arms. "What was that message? The one behind what you said just now."

His eyes widened. "Y-you caught that?" He was shocked and it looked almost like he was fearful as well.

"Was I not supposed to?" I asked softly. Whatever he meant he had meant for me to not catch it.

He shook his head and looked down. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Now I was really curious.

He buried his face in his hands. "Promise me that you wont get mad?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah sure." I said getting scared a little.

"My mate rejecting me didnt bother me all that much because I've been in love with you." He whispered it so lowly I could've missed it if it werent for the sighs outside the room.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"I'm sorry. I cant help it." He said quietly finally looking into my eyes. A few tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I dont know what to say." I said seriously. I seriously didnt. I didnt want to say anything that might come off as rude.

"You dont have to. I'm sorry that I told you." He said smiling wiping the stray tears.

"Why?" I asked frowning. Why would he regret telling me something like that?

"Because you were never supposed to know." He whispered smiling gently. He was content with loving me from afar. "If it's ok with you I'll be going to my room for awhile. I just wanted to make sure you were ok." He nodded smiling.

He was content. Why would anyone be content with loving someone else from afar. He was ok with the fact that I might not love him back.

Well I wasnt. From the way he acted he seemed like this has been going on for awhile.

"How could you be so strong?" I asked as he was about to leave. He turned around confused.

"What?" He asked.

"I said. How could you be that strong?" I asked again as I stood up and started slowly walking towards him.

I wanted to try something. He was in love with me yet he put my needs and the packs before his own. Sacrificing his own happiness for the sake of us. He deserved to be Luna.

I know hes the right choice. And I'll make him mine. Right here amd right now.