duets

"All right, let's, uh, let's gather around. Sorry I'm late, guys. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in juvie."

I groaned, "Seriously?"

"It really was just a matter of time." Tina commented, not surprised.

"What did he do?" Quinn piped up, "He drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM." The class laughed besides Quinn, Rachel and I.

"And when is he getting out?" Rachel questioned genuinely concerned.

Mr Shue looked around at the class laughing, "Unknown."

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me," Brittany said laughing, I looked at her mouthing 'No'.

"Guys! Let's have some sympathy." Will shouted, "For a guy who put his needs before the team's? We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence." Finn complained.

"We can't look at this as, as a crisis. It's an opportunity." Mr Shue reassured us, "For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn said.

I rolled my eyes and groaned, "For welcoming our new member... Sam Evans!"

I sit up straight and smile brightly as Sam enters, "There he is. How's it going?" Finn shouted out, I cheered.

"Hey, everybody. I'm Sam. ... Sam, I am. ... And I don't like green eggs and ham." he joked looking at me, I smiled at him getting his joke. Dr Seuss, duh.

"Oh, wow. He has no game." Santana remarked from the back, I turned to glare at her. Finn stood up and clapped his hands.

"Okay! This is gonna be great. You're not going to regret joining, Sam."

"Oh, good." Sam breathes out, "Sam, you sit right here." Finn pointed to the seat between himself and me. Sam walked over and sat down, I smiled at him and waved, whispering 'hi'.

"All right! Question for the group. What's a duet?" Mr Shue asked us, "A blanket." Brittany stated.

"Honey, that's a duvet," I told her, smiling at her.

"A duet is when two voices join to become one. Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers complement each other, push each other to be better. Now, some people may think..."

"Pssst!" Kurt whispered down towards me, I looked up, "He's on team gay. No straight boy dyes his hair to look like Linda Evangelista circa 1993." I looked at him strangely.

"You're crazy, circa 2010." Mercedes added, I shook my head and turned back around.

"And that is what duets are all about. So, this week I want you to pair up and sing a duet. And, since you guys all seemed to love our little "Defying Gravity" diva-off, I'm making this a competition." I silently cheered.

"What's the winner get?" Mike asked, we all waited for the answer.

"Dinner for two, on me... at Breadstix." We all gasped and cheered.

"This is amazing, Mr Shue you know us so well," I said happily, clapping my hands.

Now, who should be my partner? I looked at Sam and smiled. Bingo.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

I see Sam rushing up to me at my locker, "Hey Sammy."

"Hi." He greeted.

"So you finally decided to join Glee?" I said happily, he blushed and nodded, "Yeah, after hearing you talk so much about it, I just had to take the chance."