the substitute

I sit in the choir room with the rest of the club as Mr Shue writes something on the board, but from my perspective, he doesn't look all that good.

"All right, guys, um...time to start thinking about song selections." he said with a very drowsy voice, I cringed.

He turns around and looks at us strangely, he's sweating and red in the face.

"Lookin' good, Puckerman. Someone's been eating their Wheaties." Santana complimented smirking, "These guns are fully loaded." Puck boasted.

Rachel lifted her hand, "Mr. Shue? I, for one, think we should use our setlist for sectionals to start exploring the oeuvre of one Bernadette Peters." I rolled my eyes, nope.

"Someday, I'm gonna go to Paris and visit the oeuvre." Brittany said, I looked at her weirdly.

"I just want to dance," Mike said randomly.

"Mr. Schuester, you look a little green." I completed, grimacing.

"Um... I think I'm gonna go see the nurse. But first I feel like I should get you guys a sitter." Mr Shue said in a trance.

Wait, a sitter? What the fu...

As Mr Shue leaves, Rachel jumps up and starts writing on the board. Oh no.

"Class, in Mr. Schuester's absence, I'd like to go around and ask everyone what solos they'd like to hear me perform at sectionals." She said narcissistic.

I've had enough.

I jump up and lunge for her, "All right, you know what? Let me at her! ¡Tú eres loca!" Sam holds me back as everyone tries to stop me. Rachel screams in terror.

What can I say, Santana's taught me good.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

I was in the cafeteria with Kurt and Mercedes, I was still calming down.

"I'm shaking. And it's either from low blood sugar or rage. I knew it was only a matter of time before Rachel tried to take over the Glee Club." Kurt said looking at me specifically, I shrugged.

"I had to lunge, I snapped."

Mercedes rolled her eyes, "We'll forget all about it tonight at bowling." What, bowling?

"I can't. Blaine asked me to hang out." Kurt admitted, Mercedes looked annoyed.

"I've been looking forward to it all week. Wait. Are you two going out? Because I think you need to come clean." Mercedes whined, I rolled my eyes.

"Mercedes, how about you stay out of his dating life?" I scoffed, glaring.

Kurt shook his head, "What? No. I don't want another Jessie... Rachel traitor scenario to overcome. Please, Mercedes. Mum's the word."

"We'd be happy for you. I mean, we know how lonely you've been." Mercedes tried to sympathize with him.

"All right, we just hang out. Nothing about Glee club even ever comes up. It's just nice to have someone to talk to." I understood what Kurt's getting at.

Mercedes clearly didn't, "What is that supposed to mean?"

Kurt sighed, "I mean someone like me. But I promise to make it up to you. We'll hang out Friday night."

Mercedes suddenly turned around and left, ignoring what he just said. "Kurt, I don't understand why we hang with her, he's annoying."

"I'm her friend, Abby. I know you don't like her but just be civil, for me?" I signed and agreed, we walked over to where Mercedes left to.