Piper Concept

So...the story goes that I started this concept for "The Fourth Piper", then called "Piper", in eighth grade. I think I was going for a medieval vibe or something, but it's really funny and you need to see it. I'll add pics of the original pages. Commentary from yours truly will be in bold xDD

 Commentary from yours truly will be in bold xDD

"Heston, I'm afraid (me too btw)

"Heston, I'm afraid (me too btw) ." Elinwa (Ellowyne? xD) said, nervously glancing at the Pipes. The marble-pedestal seemed to gleam.

"How so, milady? The Pipes are made of mere brass, and the one magic it uses is to persuade." (why??? xD medieval vibe checklist number one: "milady" and "mere") Revlow nodded in approval, and Fonan looked interested in what Heston said, as if amused by his observations. "It cannot hurt the one who wields the Pipes, is that not so?"

The princess (medieval vibe checklist number two: there's a dAmSEl) looked concerned with widened eyes. "What you say is true, Heston, yet the villagers have known more about the Pipes than anyone but the Piper himself. They have spoken that the Pipes slay anyone who plays them with fear in their minds."

Revlow gave Heston a hard stare, and Fonan sat with the same, sly expression. Had he known about this the whole time? Heston pondered this awhile.

At this quiet moment, Ovio had come, happily whistling to himself. They group stared at him until someone—Revlow—bothered to explain. (now that we've met everyone, can we just die at the names for a second? OVIO HAHAHA)

"This whole journey only to be caught in a circle!" Revlow cried angrily. "Don't you see? The wielder of the Pipes will be afraid that he is fearful and die! It is a tight and hopeless trap."

"Is it not the Piper yet alive? We could seek his counsel." Ovio seemed confused but did not seem to be distraught. Heston looked carefully at him.

"Ovio, are you not frightened?" Heston spoke in wonder.

"Not much so as I thought I may be. We come with noble cause, yet you are all cowardly of dying at the hand of a brass instrument! I will not be discouraged by the Pipes. Nay, I embrace them!" (medieval vibe checklist number three: "nay") With a sweep of his strong, able hand, Ovio took the Pipes. The pedestal shone. He nodded at the group and began to play. Heston's eyes widened. A wistful melody had started to waft up from the brass, tubes, which had an eerie shine to it. The three friends, along with Elinwa, all gazed with dread. Ovio played for a while, the tune gradually picked up speed. The longing song echoed throughout the rocky outcrops, getting faster and faster until Ovio keeled over. (0.0 that was quick xD)

"By the Grates (Vanna?), he's dead!" Revlow exclaimed. The princess immediately wept (THIS IS MY FAVORITE LINE LOLLL), while the others stood on in silence for their fallen comrade until Heston broke the moment.

"He thought about it for too long." He spoke spoke in sadness. "We should have stopped him."

"Heston, it is not your own fault that Ovio chose to play the Pipes. It is not any man's fault." This time Fonan spoke boldly.

"Is it not? What say you, then, about the Piper?" Heston challenged.

"It seems to be that the Piper is not the maker of the Pipes, only an infamous wielder of them. This does not make him the villain, although he did not particularly use the Pipes for such a noble cause as ours." Fonan replied coolly as Heston glared at him. (medieval vibe checklist number four: no contractions allowed; only "do not" and "it is")

"Your companion speaks the truth, sir, and I must say that I did warn you." A voice called out in a mocking tone, and it appeared to sound from all directions.

"The Piper!" Revlow jumped to his feet, sword quickly in hand. "Show yourself!"

"Indeed, my dear fellow (medieval vibe checklist number five: "indeed" and "my dear fellow"), but it is not the time for salutations and introductions. I am here to tell you more about the Pipes." The Piper spoke mysteriously but gravely. (aDvERbs)

"What have you done to Ovio? How can we stop our fear? It seems to be a fool's journey we have made for ourselves." Heston, now interested in the infamous Piper's words, took a step forward.

"Me? I have not done anything to your fallen friend. The Pipes' ancient magic can never be undone or tricked; he must have been afraid, this Ovio that you speak of (you think?). As for your fear, you must conquer it, or all will be lost."

Revlow, eager to know, spoke up. "Is there not a way in which one can diminish fear? How did you come to be the Piper, then?"

The Piper gave a delighted laugh that echoed in the caverns about them. "A splendid idea you have given me, my friend! A series of quests must be performed! Who shall it be?" (like a tournament xDD)

I died laughing when I found this, so enjoy xDD. Imagine the Piper actually being a trickster and the Pipes being brass and doing...that. loll