Character Q & A

*SPOILERS AHEAD* (as always, but you know)

I thought it'd be fun if y'all wanted to ask questions to my characters! They will respond—I'm making them

Rowan: this is a waste of time.

Hey, these people cared about you and all you did was cause them pain. Including me.

Rowan: ...

Rowan: I apologize.

Anyway. Comment your questions below. They'll be added in as they're asked!

To Rowan

From CelticWarriorQueen17 : I want Rowan's backstory before he shows up in TFP

I'm not sure I want to talk about it much. The Northern Isles were good, Eracelli decent. Having the Third Piper for a father and an Isler for a mother in Eracelli, however, was...not the most ideal. I'm glad I could not hear the Song swirling around in his head. My Song I inherited was bad enough that I had to live in the Withen for several years alone. 

What I wouldn't give for some of Avá's bread and fomusco on a rainy day....

Would you mind telling me what "tee-fee-pee" is, though? Is it more Bormingese? John Fletcher promised me he would teach me—

Oh, Rowan, I'll stop you right there. xD

But—how did you say "xD"—

Don't worry. Your backstory will come to light one day. IT WILL.

From autumn_sunfire : Rowan! *cracks knuckles gleefully* Did you have any crushes/love interests before *ahem* Marehnn? What's your favorite color?

He's blushing. Give him a minute to compose himself.

I don't need to—*exasperated sigh*

*a pause*

My favorite color—this is *cough* easier to answer. Being able to hear the Song made me able to hear color in sounds at times, so it's difficult to choose one for its appearance rather than what sounds look the most beautiful. I like feelings of colors more than simply colors because of this; as the Song weaves itself in everything, so does color weave itself in the Song. I like the color of quiet, glistening snowfall. I like the color of a sea of verdant grass rustling in a tentative-to-touch wind. Little things, little sounds that paint little things. I like those.

Love...interests. Marehnn, of course—

Get on with it, buddy.

*sigh* Well, it'd be a lie to say I didn't feel anything for Xolira before I went into the Withen by myself, but that was obviously before I knew about her age and her and my father's history and clearly she's a faery and can't court anyway as chief not that I wanted to but now we're just good friends so it's absolutely nothing. I can assure you of that. There was also a certain woman where I hail from, a rural village Leccisia near the Negaela Mountains. If my father hadn't been who he was, I would have spent more time with her, but it never amounted to anything. She was fair-haired, a small, pretty thing.

It's safe to say I'm quite partial to much darker hair now. *goofy smile*