The Happenings

Uh...long time no see? Lol hello I exist yes yes I do let yourself process and that for a minute before we dive in.

Okay here's what happened. I was in bed and I happened to look at my private library on Wattpad because I was like well maybe I'll reread some of my recent "Little Schiva" chapters so I can be better prepared to write some newer stuff tomorrow. And then I see this extras book LOL and I say to myself, "Why does this still exist if I unpublished 'The Fourth Piper'?"

Of course the immediate answer was "because there are glorious shorts in there and we must keep some semblance of Rowan on your profile for the nostalgia."

Basically I looked at this and opened it and decided to fill you all in on my plan. Not that you need to know it I guess but it gives me some closure and some accountability and it's exciting to share, so. Oh and by plan I mean plans and I mean big plans. Also I'm going to do this kind of like an FAQ but like of course none of these questions have ever been asked before by actual people lol I'm making junk up as if someone were asking me because honestly I asked myself these questions a long time ago. Lolll. That being said if anyone does have any questions feel free? To leave me a note? Comment thingy. And I can add the things and tag you and stuff. Anyway, welcome to my party aka Bri rambling about her questionable writing future at two thirty in the morning:

What's happening with The Fourth Piper?

Honestly, what isn't happening with it? Oh wait nothing lollll. It sits in my desk. Guiltily. Sad. Hand-edited and near worthless.

Really long story short, I'm eventually going to be almost completely rewriting it. It probably will not be on Wattpad ever again.

...which feels weird to say...but I committed by unpublishing it so that's the way it is right now.

What's with the title change in Little Schiva?

"So glad you asked that," I say as I make up all these questions myself just so the ramblings are somewhat organized.

In case you didn't notice, Little Schiva is now The Third Neriphé and has a new (but temporary? Maybe? I have too many complex desires for the cover that I can't accomplish without photoshop) cover. Does the title sound familiar? Vaguely? I know it's been a while. It should sound familiar, though...because it has to do with some big news. Well. It's big news for me at least. And the news is that I'm making The Fourth Piper (and Little Schiva now called The Third Neriphé) into a four-part series! That's the plan at least.

Why a series?

It all started when I just had to go naming characters and getting attached to them and writing about them. Mainly the main character in The Third Neriphé. What happened was I started writing TTN (I guess that's the new acronym? Too bad it wasn't TNT lolll) and began realizing that it was really closely related to TFP (The Fourth Piper for anyone new) literarily in both structure and thematics which got me thinking about making them a sort of duology. But the problem was, I couldn't stick a label on TTN because TFP was so independent as a stand-alone piece of writing. TTN couldn't quite be a prequel, couldn't be a spin-off, wasn't really an origin story...the best term I used for it was a sort of companion story, and it still never sat right.

That's when I started playing around with the titles of TTN, of course still called Little Schiva then. I thought it might be helpful to fit the title with TFP's to better connect them, which led to the title being The Third...something. Lots of things. Ridiculous things lol. But then my Type A personality was like, "Okay but you can't have a duology with the third and fourth of something that's so dumb? Where are the first and second somethings?"