Watching You From Afar

Her black hair tied into a side ponytail was swayed by the wind, the pink lighting in the end of her hair getting the attention of many.

"It's Kanao."

Whispers circulated the hallway, talking about how beautiful the maiden was. It was expected, as one of the beauties in Kimetsu Academy.

"It's a pity she's always around that loud guy."

"Good morning, Zenitsu!" Tanjirou said, raising his hand towards his friend cheerfully.

"You're too loud!" Zenitsu scolded his friend early in the morning, making Kanao giggle.

Tanjirou tilted his head, not really caring about what Zenitsu had just said. He instead smiled at him, causing him to grit his teeth in annoyance.

"Just because you have Kanao by your side always, you can't act all mighty! You bastard!" Zanitsu released his anger and jealousy, while Tanjirou just laughed it off.

"Nii-chan!" The voice immediately made Zenitsu calm down. The angry expression he just showed a while ago being replaced by lovesick one.

"Ne~zu~ko~ cha~n!" He sing songed, heading towards the said girl as he spread his arms wide, hoping to grab her.

As he felt a sensation, he immediately closed his arms to hug the person. He opened his eyes and saw none other than Aoi, glaring daggers at him, causing the boy to flinch as he released her.

He looked around to search for Nezuko, and spotted her looking at him weirdly. "I-It's not what you think!"

The boy beside Aoi laughed at him. "Monitsu! You foolish boy!" He continued to laugh until Aoi elbowed him in the stomach.

Obviously mad and confused, Inosuke clutched his stomach from the pain and glared at the girl, "Hey! What was that for?!"

"You're being too loud!" Aoi answered, shouting.

"Says you!" Inosuke defended himself.

The two continued bickering with their loud voice, as their other friends minded their own bussiness, not caring about the other students' stares until a voice interrupted them.

"Oh my, I wondered who was causing a ruckus so early."

The group of teenagers turned to see where the voice was coming from, and saw their teacher smiling at them, beside her was also a teacher.

"Kanae-sensei, Shinazugawa-sensei!" They all gasped in unison.

"You brats, hurry up and piss off!" Sanemi angrily shouted, seemingly in a bad mood.

"He meant that it's almost first period, all of you should hurry up." Kanae smiled sweetly, opposite of the expression that Sanemi was having.

"Right!" Tanjirou said, saluting to his two teachers as he grabbed Kanao's hand. "Let's go?" He smiled, causing Kanao's heart to skip a beat as her face redenned from the simple gesture.

She nodded her head, and as they werw about to rush off with their friends, Kanae called out the girl's name.

She looked at her older sister in confusion as she and Tanjirou stopped from their tracks, their hands still entertwined. Kanae smiled and mouthed 'Goodluck' before giggling cutely, not noticing the constant blushing Sanemi was having.

Kanao's cheeks flushed, realizing what her older sister had just said. Nodding her head, she and Tanjirou rushed off.

"Young love." Kanae thought out loud, her eyes softening as she saw the two teenager's back slowly disappearing.

She flinched lightly when she felt someone grab her hand. She looked up and smiled at Sanemi, whose face was turning red in embarassment.

"Let's just go." He muttered, earning a sweet smile in return as the two teachers walked hand in hand towards the faculty room.

° ° ° °

"Then, Inosuke spilled the chocolates on Aoi. She snapped at him when Inosuke started licking the chocolates all over her face." Tanjirou laughed.

"Haha, Inosuke's so clumsy." Kanao giggled, before dozing off as she drowned in her own thoughts.

"Kanao?" Tanjirou asked, worry evident in his voice, snapping Kanao out of her thoughts.

'This is such a happy world.'

"Ah... Sorry." Kanao said as Tanjirou stepped closer to her.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his eyes full of concern, "You seem quite lost recently." He said, patting his girlfriend's hair as her cheeks redenned, her insides feeling fuzzy and warm.

Kanao smiled, "Don't worry about it, Tanjirou. I just have some bussiness I need to go to." She waved, "I'm going here now, see you romorrow!" She said, rushing towards the opposite direction.

Tanjirou waved back as he watched Kanao's disappearing figure "...Be careful".

When she was completely out of sight, his hand dropped to his side, his face making an unreadable expression.

'I hate  this.'

Kanao ran and ran, almost out of breath as she turned to a dark alley, carrying something on her hand.

'This is such a nice world, where everyone should be happy.'

She spotted them. A girl in the thing's arms as his mouth drooled, growls constantly escaping its lips.

'Right?'

Kanao took out her katana, her eyes full of anger as she looked at the blasted demon.

"Why do you still exist?" She asked with a scary smile, as if looking at useless filth, catching the attention of the demon with two horns, his eyes black. "You filthy things... really make me sick."

He growled, launching towards the girl, "DIE!"

'I...'

She clenched her katana, getting ready as she gulped her saliva. That very second, she felt something.

'This time... I will protect this world.'

"Instant death. A natural death for a small fry like him." He laughed, watching Kanao kick the demon's headless corpse as it slowly disappears into ashes.

"We should head out, too. How long are you planning on hiding here and watch, Tanjirou?" Inosuke asked his friend, glancing towards him.

Tanjirou removed his hood, silence lulling their surroundings, not saying anything.

"If... it gets out of hand, we'll interfere."

Inosuke snickered, grinning in the process, "Your girl's in a dangerous situation, just so you know. I wonder how she even knew that demons exist."

"...Who knows."