Dreams

So, I just found out that Mitsuri's actually majoring in art in the Kimetsu Gakuen dimension, but let's all pretend she and Iguro are just high schoolers here.

*

Blood. His face seemed like it had been destroyed by a massive claw. His face almost seemed unrecognizable - and she would be lying if she said she wasn't at all disgusted. She wanted to say something - anything - but she couldn't. She was just there, lying in his arms that was wrapped tightly around her, slowly weakening as every second passed.

His blooded face - if you could still call it that - seemed to be smiling. It was a heartbreaking sight, a badly injured man smiling while in the brink of dead.

Why? Why was he smiling? Was that smile directed to her? No. That couldn't be. That smile was directed to the girl who owns this body - whoever she was. But something deep inside her, the unreasonable side of her hoped, wished that she was the girl he was smiling at. Why? She didn't know.

"I'll definitely make you happy."

His voice sounded hoarse, rough and oh it was heartbreaking. His eyes were shut but tears were getting out of it.

"Next time, I absolutely won't let you die."

She jolted, slowly opening her eyes, and immediately recognized the ceiling that greeted her despite her blurry, wet eyes.

Wait, wet eyes?

She sat up and her hand quickly trailed her face, it was true, she was crying. But why? She had always dreamt of the man, but this was the first time she ever cried. Tears. Wet, fresh tears were flowing from her eyes and she felt sadness overwhelming her.

Hic.

No matter how much she desparately wiped the tears from her face, it just continued flowing like a waterfall! Soon, she was sobbing. Why? She had no idea. But she felt like she needed to release this sadness that overcame her.

She have never cried like this before, and it both confused and weirded her out. But still, crying her heart out has left a light feeling inside her chest.

Sniff.

She wiped the last remaining tears that came out of her eyes and stared blankly infront of her.

Ahh... today was school day.

She slapped both of her cheeks, telling herself to get already. Her puffy eyes doesn't matter, she never had a leave of absence before and she's not going to let herself have one now!

She jumped up from her bed and started stretching, stiffling a yawn before staring blankly at the floor.

But... who really was that person in her dreams?

*
"Good morning, Shinobu-chan!"

"Ah, Mitsuri-san, good mor... ning?" Mitsuri laughed awkeardly, scratching her head, "Funny story, actually. I had this sad dream and when I woke up, I was crying!" She explained.

Shinobu's eyes narrowed. "...Sad dream?"

"Kochou."

Mitsuri and Shinobu both looked at the direction of the voice, and saw their P.E. teacher. The one that was also known as The Devil because of his merciless traing - as he called it.

"Tomioka-sensei." Shinobu smiled brightly at the man.

Tomioka seemed to notice the girl beside her and nodded towards Mitsuri, as a greeting, perharps. The bright girl nodded in return before the teacher turned his attention back to the smaller girl.