𝖝. death of uncle derek

❂

"HIYA," HOPE INNOCENTLY SAID AS LYDIA AND ALLISON STARED AT HER IN DISBELIEF.

"Hope?" Lydia asked again, reaching out and poking her cheek as if she would disappear any second.

"Yeah."

Lydia pulled Hope to the front seat and gave her a huge hug, struggling to not let any tears fall.

"Thank god you're safe. Where have you been?" Allison asked.

Hope thought before answering, "A whole new prison world."

"What? You know what? It doesn't matter because you are home and safe," Allison said.

Lydia's phone started to ring. Lydia sighed and picked it up. "Yes Stiles?"

"Did you say Hope? Is she with you? Is she okay? Is she hurt? Is she safe?" Stiles and Scott asked.

"Yeah, I said Hope. Yes, she is with us. Yes, she is okay. No, she is not hurt and she is safe," Lydia answered.

"Thank god. Give the phone to her," Stiles demands.

Lydia put the phone on speaker and handed it to Hope.

"Hello?" Hope asked.

"Hope? Oh my god, you had us so worried. We looked everywhere for you. Where were you?"

"Hope?" She heard Scott ask in the background.

Suddenly, Scott had the phone. "Hope, are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine," Hope responded.

"Where were you?"

"MCCALL ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!" They heard Coach scream.

Lydia thought it would be better to hang up and not listen to Coach's screaming.

Lydia let go of Hope and let her go back to the backseat.

"So, how's life?"

"Jared you suck," Coach yelled as the cross country team all evacuated the bus.

Allison and Stiles drag Scott into the restroom with Lydia and Hope trailing behind them.

They set Scott down on the bathroom floor. Allison lifted up his shirt to see the wound.