𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. darach and mikaelsons

❂

After getting a "911" text from Lydia and Allison, Scott, Stiles, and Hope all rushed to the school. Hope rode with Stiles in Roscoe and Scott drove his bike. They all quickly got out.

"Where is she?" Stiles asked as he closed the door.

"Over here." They heard Allison call out.

Allison and Lydia came out from the corner to face their friends. Lydia had a fearful look on her face, making Hope run up and hug her. Lydia immediately hugged back and picked her up in the process.

"Lydia?" Stiles asked with concern.

"It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And you told me to call you if there's a dead body."

"You found a dead body?" Stiles asked.

Lydia shook her head. "Not yet."

"Not yet? What do you mean 'not yet'?" Stiles snapped. "Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."

"Oh, no, I'm not doing that again.
You find the dead body from now on.".

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body." Stiles blurted.

"Guys." Scott cut them off. "I found the dead body."

Lydia turned so Hope couldn't see the body. The teens stared at the dead deputy they knew as Tara, drenched in blood with her throat cut open.

Jennifer walked around the classroom as she began her lecture. "Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story." She stopped at Lydia's desk and watched her sketch a tree. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

"You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia fake smiled at Ms. Blake, making her feel wildly uncomfortable.

"Oh, um, well, that was an idiom, by the way." She told Lydia before she started to walk again. "Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words." She once again stopped but this time in front of Stiles, Scott, and Hope. She looked at them wearily. Hope being Hope, glared at her, making Jennifer quickly look away. "Saying 'jump the gun' is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like 'seeing the whole board.'"