Prologue

This is the second installment of the Rule Series.

This book will contain mature scenes and language which may not be suitable for young readers. Read at your own risk.

THIS IS THE UNEDITED VERSION. YOU MAY ENCOUNTER GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, CONFLICTING TIMELINES AND PLOTHOLES. THIS WILL BE REVISED SOON.

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

***

PROLOGUE

"This is incredible, hija! I like it!"

I smiled as she kept on twirling while she fitted my dress. She loved it. I'm glad she did. I spent like three sleepless nights just to get that perfect. The details were too crucial. I could only sleep for like 1-2 hours just to make sure that I can meet her needs. She's one of the biggest clients, I know. 

"I'm glad you did, Mrs. Escalera..." ngumiti ako at inayos ang damit niyang ako mismo ang nag gawa. 

She smiled at me while staring at her reflection. She looked beautiful even at her 50's. I wonder if I'll look the same when I reach her age? She looks like she's still in her 30's by the way she dresses and move right now. 

Her eyes struck wonder as she roamed around my boutique. She observed every speck of fabric like she's trying to find a flaw in those. She's known as one of the picky and critical clients. She has an exquisite taste and to meet those standards, really made me happy. 

"Hmm... do you design wedding dresses too, hija?" she asked.

I nodded. "Yes, maam. I already did a lot of them..." Kinuha ko ang lookbook na naglalaman ng wedding dress designs ko. I just want to show her everything. 

She nodded. She had a smile on her face as she flipped around the pages. I was slightly nervous at the thought, but chose to act confidently. Wala naman ako kinakakatakutan! Kaya dapat lang na hindi ako matakot sa kanya. 

"I think you're the perfect designer to design my niece's wedding dress! You see, she's getting married in like 4 months from now, and yet she can't even decide on a designer." Mrs. Escalera explained to me. "I think you're the best designer who can do it for her! You have potential, hija. You're new in the industry pero ang galing mo na!"

I smiled sweetly. It'll be a great opportunity to accept orders as early as now. The greater job that I can do for it, the greater that I can get my name spread. At the early stages of my boutique, I have to focus on getting known. I promised my father and mother that I'll do a good job on this, kaya dapat lang na pagbutihin ko. I begged them to let me do this and disappointment was never an option for me. 

"Sure, Mrs. Escalera. I'll be delighted to design a wedding dress for her..." I answered.

She clasped her hands, her eyes lit up in excitement.

"I'll give her your contact details, hija. I'll also send the address of your boutique, so she could come and see your works! I'm sure she'll get you in an instant as soon as she enters!"

Ngumiti akong muli.

In all my years as a fashion designer, building this boutique and participating in fashion weeks,  parang ngayon lang ako naramdaman ng ganitong saya. I can finally see the fruit of my hard work getting praised by the people who I design dresses for. Lalo pa't pinilit ko lang si Mom and Dad na gawin ko 'to. They wanted me to be a lawyer, but I didn't want that. I wanted to be involved in the scene of fashion.