Chapter 33

Nathan and I make it safely through security as we head to our gate. My eyes flash from person to person as we hike down the tiled hallways of the airport. The distinct sound of my shoes clicking against the floor pop in my ears as I step onto the carpeted section of the wide hallway. My grasp tightens around my suitcase handle, little by little, as time drives on.

"Luke," Nathan captures my attention and I direct my eyes toward him. I walk onto the moving conveyor as I wait for him to catch up. "Chill out. You're staring at every blonde-haired girl inside this airport." I look over to the nearest relevant person to find them giving me a bizarre expression. My eyes fall back to Nathan. "Everything will be okay. If your hunch is right, Dannielle will be somewhere close by in Egypt. Relax." 

He was right. If I had any chance of finding her it wouldn't be here. Especially in plain sight. I'm sure whoever took her would take more precautions. I would have to wait until we landed in Egypt.

We step off of the moving conveyor and continue our walk to our gate. "So no private jet?" he pesters.

"No, it had to be taken in for repairs. Something's up with the engine."

"To think that Luke Blake would resort to something as low as first-class seating on an economy flight."

"You can stop talking now. Unless you'd like an actual economy class seat." Nathan looks around before waving his hands in disagreement.

"No, no. I wouldn't want to trouble the gorgeous flight crew." I roll my eyes as he laughs at his own sarcasm. 

The flight attendants instruct us to take our seats and before we know it, we're in the air on our way to Egypt. 

"When do we check in at the Four Seasons Hotel?" Nathan questions and I pull up my phone to look it up.

"About an hour and a half after we arrive," I reply, switching my browser back to an article I was reading. Nathan nods before turning his attention back over to his laptop. The plane ride wasn't too long, but long enough to be dreadful. Long enough to keep my mind focused on the one thing that was stirring up all of my anxiety.

A familiar ding-dong noise echoes throughout the cabin as I tilt my head back to stare at the seatbelt light. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are getting ready to land, please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for arrival." 

The plane lands in roughly fifteen minutes as the tires of the plane meet the airstrip. Nathan and I manage to tumble our way down the spacious aisles around half an hour later before having to climb into our next form of transportation.

I quickly meet our driver to find that Nathan ordered us limo service. By the time I enter the car my eyes bolt to my cousin, who has already made himself well at home.

"Nathan," I drag out like an irritated parent to his five-year-old child. My eyes linger over the bottle of champagne in his hand as he pours some of the substance into his glass.

"What?" he asks, clueless. 

"A limo? Really?" My eyes linger to the side of the car to find it filled with sweets and alcohol.

"We can have a little fun while we're out here on business." My unenthusiastic expression doesn't wither. He throws his hands up. "We're only going to the hotel, I promise." He raises the glass to his lips, before taking a sip and opening a bag of candy.

I sit back in my seat and close my eyes as the driver starts the car.

Egypt was never how I thought it would be. Everything looked extraordinarily modern from the buildings above to the streets below. I was even more surprised to catch the city so lit up during the night. It was almost like we never left London.