Laundry

word count: 512 || Kudou & Kuroba || fluff

─── ♤♤♤♤ ───

Shinichi had been caught without an umbrella in a light shower on his way back to the apartment. After setting his bag down in his bedroom, he shed the now wet shirt, donning a fresh one.
He was still planning on wearing his now wet shirt for his presentation in about forty minutes. It sounded like the washer was currently in use but the dryer was quiet, free for him to use. Noticing someone must have forgotten the light, with the bit that shined through the crack at the bottom, Shinichi slid open the door to the closet built into one wall of the hallway that was just big enough to house the washer and dryer.

He can't say he expected to find Kuroba sitting on top of the washer.
The head of wild hair looked up from the biology textbook he was reading, "Yo Kudou."
"Kuroba, what are you doing on top of the washer?"
"The bed sheets I'm washing tend to bunch to one side during the spin cycle, causing it to become unbalanced and shake the entire washer. Sitting on it helps and I'm right here to fix it if it does happen"
Ah. That made sense. Probably.
Shinichi didn't bother mentioning the fact that he could see Kuroba's bed sheets, already clean and neatly tucked on his bed, from the open doorway across the hall. It might have been an extra set of sheets.
Or maybe it was something else and the magician just didn't feel comfortable revealing it.
Well it wasn't his business, as far as the detective could deduce, Kuroba was a good person and that was good enough for him. Just one more mystery about Kuroba Kaito.

Shinichi resumed his task of placing the wet shirt into the dryer and setting the timer. While doing so, the mysterious man had grabbed a clean towel, from where they were stored on the built in shelf just behind his head, which he dropped on the head of still wet hair. Before Shinichi could grab it to dry his hair, gentle hands started massaging his head.
"Oi I can dry my own hair, I'm not a child" despite the complaint he didn't attempt to remove the warm hands.
"Hmm really?" a playful smile appeared, "I thought adults were supposed to know better than to walk in the rain without an umbrella"
"It was an unexpected shower, I specialize in forensics not meteorology"
A light hum of acknowledgement, "So even the great detective of the east has his flaws."
Said detective shot the man atop the washer an annoyed look, "Idiot, of course I do, I am still human after all," he brought up his hands to air quote, "unlike a certain "monster" I know."
This received a bright laugh just as warm as the hands, in reply, then with a small flourish, Kuroba dropped the towel into the laundry basket between the machines, "There we go~ All dry!" He ruffled Shinichi's now fluffy hair for good measure and returned his focus to the textbook sitting on his lap.