Picture Perfect Pose

word count: 651 || Kudou & Kuroba || humour

── ♤♤♤♤ ──

Shinichi was returning to the apartment to grab some files from his room before stopping by the police station. As he approached the front door he absently noted how the blinds in the main room windows were fully drawn, allowing the bright midday sunlight to pour inside.

It was probably Hakuba making use of natural lighting for his painting agai—
Shinichi paused in front of the window, one arm raised with key in hand toward the door he was about to open. That wasn't Hakuba painting.

To be honest, this was one of the less surprising things he had walked in on.
Kuroba was laying on his back across the top of the breakfast bar that separates the open kitchen from the main room. There was a black cloth draped off the end of the counter with Kuroba hanging his head in front of it, facing the camera and tripod that was unconventionally set up. The tripod was balanced off the edge of the kitchen table with the help of a popcorn tin and book.
After a couple seconds of laying there, Kuroba hopped off the counter and went to presumably take a look at what he captured. It must not have been up to his standards if the small frown was anything to go by. The magician then pressed the shutter and vaulted back onto the counter, laying back into position as the camera's timer counted down. But this time after the photo was taken, rather than immediately jumping off Kuroba looked towards Shinichi for a moment before giving him a huge grin. He could hear the laugh in his mind through the glass just by shape of Kuroba's mouth and slight shake of his chest and shoulders.
Shinichi shook his head, it was just another one of Kuroba's creative photography projects.

─ ♤♤♤♤ ─

The next set up he came back to after the short trip to the station, was just as creative. A couple of the kitchen chairs were set up to balance the tripod at just the right angle for the camera to be in the perfect position for Kuroba's headshots lying on a fluffy white area rug with his head surrounded by oranges.An excited smile beamed up at him, "Welcome back Kudou! Perfect timing as usual, could I ask you to kindly press the shutter button for me a few times. The timer won't cut it this time." Shinichi could see why, the oranges and Kuroba's hair were artfully arranged around his head in a whimsical way, that set up would take a bit longer than the timer allowed.

Shrugging, the detective walked over to the camera, "Sure, you ready?"

─ ♤♤♤♤ ─

The third and hopefully the weirdest thing he would find Kuroba doing, was when Shinichi stepped out of his and Hattori's shared bathroom wearing a fresh outfit consisting of a soft grey cotton shirt and some snug black sweatpants, only to glance across the hallway to find the door open and Kuroba standing in front of the mirror of the bathroom he shared with Hakuba...with skittles stuck on his face.Azure eyes blinked a couple times in surprise as the detective's hands paused in their motion of toweling off his hair still wet from the shower. Kuroba didn't take long to notice Shinichi standing there, sending a sidelong glance as he paused in gluing the green skittle he currently held, to his face. A grin broke the magician's face of concentration as he grabbed the bag of skittles laying on the bathroom counter, holding them out towards the detective, "Want some?"
"Umm. No thank you, I'm good."
The grin morphed into a playful smirk, "Or~ would you rather lick them off my face?" Kuroba purred with a wink.

Shinichi could only send a deadpan look before he resumed drying his hair as the light sound of mirthful snickers filled the hallway.

── ♤♡♧♢ ──

Remember how I mentioned "most of the weird stuff Kaito is found doing is the crap my roommates had to deal with"
I wasn't kidding, this is basically what happened, (with tiny details changed to fit these characters of course) because apparently I don't know how to use a tripod conventionally to achieve the right angles for the creative stuff I want to make. Also the breakfast bar was right there and perfect for laying across for the hair angle I wanted