Part Four

Veraun ran a hand through his long black hair. "What are you smiling about?" Lauren shook her head. "It's....nothing." Do she dare tell? Veraun gave her a look like he didn't believe her. "Lauren....we've been friends for four years. You don't usually keep secrets." Lauren nodded, knowing this was true. But she didn't know how to tell him. Veraun, her best friend, knowing she had a sneeze fetish. She didn't even know she had it, until about a year ago when she came across a YouTube video about a male sneezing. It aroused her, of course it did. She thought it was weird! But after a while she got used to it and the sneezing turning her on. But now, she hardly told anyone about her fetish. People would think she was crazy. But Veraun, she didn't know for sure. He stuck with her through everything, from the good to the bad. Something like telling him about her fetish scared her. She was afraid he'd end the friendship for her being so weird. She thought that seemed to extreme. But, to anyone admitting a fetish and thinking friendships might be ruined over it is something to be alarmed about. You don't know how the person would react. Lauren liked Veraun to, heck maybe even loved him. But the fetish thing might ruin it all.

"Lauren? Did you hear me?"

Veraun's voice snapped Lauren from her thoughts. She looked over at him, and he was staring at her concerned. "Did you hear what I said?" "Oh. Sorry, no. Repeat it please." Lauren replied slowly. Veraun nodded. "I said, I might need more tissues. I'm running low." "Oh, I'll go get some." Lauren stood up and left the couch. She went to her bedroom to fumble for a box of tissues.

Veraun lay back on the couch, sniffling gently behind his fist. He was thinking of Lauren. Her curly brown hair, green emerald eyes. He never told her, but he secretly had a sneeze fetish. He didn't like his own sneezes, but he loved Lauren's. He only heard Lauren's once, when she was sick last year right before Christmas. She was sneezing all over the place, and he felt a certain way towards them. He didn't tell her because he thought she would think he was creepy and gross. I mean, a sneeze fetish? What planet did you come from? That's how he felt. He wasn't sure how Lauren would take it if he told her. Besides, she was his best friend for four years. He wasn't about to ruin that over some fetish.

Lauren came back and placed a tissue box in front of Veraun. "Here you go." "Thank you." Veraun took a tissue and rubbed his reddened nostrils. Lauren played with her hair. A silence fell over them both, as they sat together but didn't say anything.