Chapter 3

Charlie's POV

Next day school was normal, Riley depressed Maya comforting her, Lucas and Zay has their second tryouts at baseball, Farkle and Smackle talking about science. I have my hood pulled up and few strands of hair fell over my face. There was a visible brown bruise under my eye and a bit swollen up. I was late at school today so I forget my ice bag, everyone mind their own business.

I went in my chemistry class which I had with Farkle and Smackle, the teacher gave us our last test's results, I got an A+. Teacher announced my name that I was the only one who got A+. That was a bit embarrassing for me tough as I wasn't used to it. I skipped my soccer practice just fir today and started to walk my way home after school. Then I got Riley's text.

"Want to come over? Then enter through the window." It said. I shrugged, picked up my lunch from Deli's and went to Riley's apt following the address she sent. I reached her apt and looked up examining the building and eating the last bite of my sandwich. I spotted Farkle and Smackle enter through the window on the fire escape, I guess it was Riley's house. I walk up the fire escape and half enter through the window.

"Hey everyone, Riley told me to enter through the window." I said leaning on my elbow on the bay window seat.

"Her!" Farkle and Smackle exclaimed.

"Me what?" I asked. Maya grabbed my hands and pull me whole inside the room, I ended up on the floor.

"Was that necessary?" I asked pulling myself up.

"A sort of." Maya replied.

"She is the genius of our chem class." Farkle said.

"No, I am not." I said

"You got an A+" Smackle said.

"Yes cuz it was very easy test. I learned that basic in my middle school." I replied

"We didn't learn that, I happen to go in Einstein Academy." Smackle said.

"Which middle school did you went to?" Lucas asked.

"Uh.. Midtown Tech." I replied. Both the genius gasped.

"That's the school for genius." Farkle said.

"No, Einstein Academy." Smackle defended.

"A school for genius with common name." Farkle replied.

"Okay, okay, what's going on here?" I asked.

"Riley got a D in Spanish, Lucas didn't do well in baseball tryouts and Farkle and Smackle you know." Maya explained.

"Okay it's not a big problem." I said.

"How could it not be the big problem? Our future depends on it." Riley exclaimed. I sighed and nodded.

"Charlie is something wrong?" Lucas asked out of nowhere.

"No why?" I replied.

"You hasn't taken off your hood." He said.

"No I am fine." I replied but Lucas walked up to me.

"Yeah, I forget to tell you. Charlie was wearing the hood all day in school. You hidin something Charlie?" Zay said.

"Lucas I am fine." I said then too he pushed my hood back and moved my hair away from my face, he cupped his hand over my jaw and my swollen bruise wad revealed. Everyone gasped.

"Who did this? The seniors?" Lucas asked.

"What? No." I said pushing him away.

"Charlie you can tell us." Maya said.