-1-

I woke up in the morning to get tramped on by my brother Tobby. He is a brat. God knows how mom handles him. He proceeded to chew at my ear to trouble me, but mom came just in time to rescue me from his attack. She grabbed him by the scruff, and I enjoyed it as he was taken off to another corner as detention. Haha.

Then came Jenny, the biggie who takes care of all of us, with two bowls of breakfast. Rose, Jake, Pluto, Kaley, and Noey, all of my siblings, fought our way to get our paws on the most awaited meal of the day. As I chewed on some fresh meatballs, I glance at Tobby, who sat in a corner and looked at all of us enjoying our favorite.

I picked up a meatball and walked to him. "Here you go, don't make such a miserable face," I said and pushed it towards him with my snout. He pouted a bit, not making eye contact with me. My brother is such a loser.

"You don't need to do me favors," he said, looking away from the meatball. I gave him a sly look. How good he is at not taking favors. I again pick up the ball, and as I was taking it back to the bowl, he got up and stood in front of me. Haha, I knew that.

"You don't need to take me seriously!" he said as he chewed upon it. Mom was looking at us from a distance, and I could tell she was enjoying our company.

After breakfast, all of us were lazing around, sleeping over each other's backs, rolling off all the tiny mites, and pawing at each other's face. Amidst all the yelling and growling (and our mother getting as annoyed as she can of us), Jenny comes in and caresses my mother gently. She grabs her leash and then picks me up and heads to the front yard. There, I see an anxious biggie, who was twiddling her thumbs and pacing up and down the yard. Something was wrong with her.

"Mrs. Goodwill, this is our dog, Jolly, and her puppy, Isa." Jenny introduces. Mrs. Goodwill's face brightens up when she sees me. I look into her eyes. She seemed a bit nervous. Jenny bent down to mum, and then she patted her back.

"Jolly dear, Mrs. Goodwill wants to adopt your puppy." My mom looks up to Mrs. Goodwill and sees the anxiety she carried. She then glances at me. I, too, look at her. "Would you let her?" questioned Jenny.

Jenny was a kind-hearted soul. She believed that even though we aren't of her kind, we don't deserve any less than the other biggies. She took my mother's consent, and that touched my heart. Maybe Jenny knew the bond of a mother and a child; perhaps she knew a lot about separation. I don't know what she had gone through, but may God bless her nevertheless.

My mother gave a gentle nod by bowing down to her, and then she walked to me and gave me a lick on my cheek. "Mom, I don't wanna leave you!" I wailed, pressing my snout to her chest. "Sweetie, it's alright. I know you would do good. And it also seems that this biggie needs your company." I nodded. My mom was right. This biggie sure was tensed. I guess she needed me.

Mrs. Goodwill walked up to me and picked me off the ground.
She looked at my mother, and said,"thank you so much Jolly!" My mother lifted her head.

As she walked towards her metal-box, I looked over her shoulder to see my mum with her eyes filled with water. My mum cried. I turned my snout in the other way because she couldn't have seen me crying too.