-3-

Mrs. Goodwill wiped her tears, and looked at me. I stared deep into her blue eyes. She caressed the side of my ears and ruffled my fur a bit.

"Jason- he is no more like what he was when he was little." And I saw her eyes again filling up with water. "He has become so aggressive and rebellious that I just cannot bear his destruction anymore..." I had never seen such a sad soul in the past four months of my life. Mrs. Goodwill, I could say, was very disturbed, and she wanted someone to comfort her, rub her back gently and say to her that everything would be alright. My mommy used to say that nature only has good things in store for everyone and she doesn't give them a challenge they can't handle.

As we talked, a bell rang. I sat up straight, alert. I looked curiously as Mrs. Goodwill walked towards the door. My feet followed her steps, and I curiously peeped from in between her legs.

There stood a tall Biggie. He stepped into the house, and suddenly I felt a negative sort of energy surround me. I felt absurd, as if my insides wanted to just drop and drool. The biggie looked at Mrs. Goodwill, and threw a glance at me. I hid behind her legs.

"Mom, is that a-" he said. His voice was hoarse, and his big blue eyes focused only at me.

"Oh, yes. Meet Isa, I brought her from Aunt Jennifer's Dog House today." Introduced Mrs. Goodwill, picking me up from the ground, and allowing the Biggie to have a better look at me. All I wanted to do was flee from his sight.

"Isa, hmm..as in Isabelle?" He said. Uhh..nope. It's just Isa. That's what everyone calls me.
"I don't know, but Isabelle is a pretty name too." She said, patting my head. I don't mind, you can call me Isabelle, if you think it's pretty.

"Isabelle was my ex- girlfriend..." He said, and then he took out a box from his pants and from that he got out a stick. He then lit fire on it using another box. Eeeeeekkk what was he doing?

"Don't be silly Jason, is that the reason you won't accept this little furball?!" She said in a baby voice and then nuzzled her nose into my belly. Oops that was very ticklish. Hahaha.

"Mom, please leave me alone." Jason said. He was clearly not interested in me. I felt bad at that. Jason walked into the living room, threw his bags on the floor and jumped on the couch.

"Jason, do you want something?"

"I ASKED YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE!" he growled. I trembled, and dug my snout into Mrs Goodwill's neck. She rubbed my back.

Jason was exactly how Mrs Goodwill had described him- aggressive and rebellious.

"I should give him some coffee." She mumbled to herself. She put me down, and walked back to place from where she had got me the treats from. I sat still, staring at Jason, observing him look at piece of glowing light. I could say that Jason had his mother's eyes.

Mrs Goodwill came into the room with a mug. The liquid in it must have been hot, I saw vapours coming out of it.
She put down the mug on the table next to the couch. She quietly walked away after that. Jason noticed the mug and then looked at his mother.

He got up in an instant and purposely toppled the hot liquid in the mug with force, causing drops of it to splatter all across the carpet. Mrs. Goodwill shrieked in pain when some of the coffee fell on the bare skin of her hands. I ran and hid under the large dining table.

"WHAT DO I MEAN WHEN I SAY LEAVE ME ALONE??" he was furious. He stomped out of the room and went up the stairs, cursing under his breath. I had just witnessed a live nightmare before my eyes.

Mrs Goodwill cried with pain from the burn. She put her hands in cold water, and as she slowly wiped away her tears, I came out of my hiding spot. She noticed me, and bent down to talk with me.

"His rage is beyond my control...I just can't do anything. First an abusive husband, and then an abusive son. I hate what destiny has written for me."

No, it's not your destiny, it's just the current situation.
Mrs. Goodwill, don't worry, everything will be alright.