Chapter 2: The Horrible Reunion

STILL YOUR POV

So we finally made it to an... abandoned building. "D-Dabi? I thought we were going to a restaurant. What i-is this place?" I got no reply from him...

He finally stopped and looked around like he was trying to deem this dusty, filthy place as suitable for what he wanted to talk about. The place itself seemed pretty creepy, no form of life anywhere except for where we are standing.

Dabi turned to me, his beautiful blue eyes practically glowing. But now isn't the time to fantasize about my one and only best friend.

"I brought you here because it's secluded and not easy to find if you're searching for it. It's perfect for me. But, I want you to run away with me. We don't have to be a hero like our fathers want, but we don't have to be villains either! We can live happily together, out of this godforsaken country and go somewhere new, where we won't be recognized. We can leave this life behind and just be you and I! Nothing to worry about, we'd still be together and we can do so much more without our parents breathing down our necks! And, to be honest... I don't want to be a hero..." As he spoke, Dabi began to rub the back of his neck and seemed to be blushing.

I personally didn't know how to respond. How would you respond? Immediately say yes because your long time crush just asked you to run away with him? Say no because you don't want to disappoint?

"If you need time, you have until the beginning of next year. I personally am just gonna drop out of UA immediately and do what I want. I'll be waiting here when you are ready to respond." He said, his voice slowly getting harsher and his eyes seemed to be taking a turn for the worst. Like he was in the beginning stages of becoming a villain if I didn't respond now. But Dabi would never become a villain, Right?

-Time Skip a bit to when you are 22(A pro)-

It's been 6 years since I've last seen Dabi, but I have heard that he joined the League of Villains. As a pro hero now, I've been put on the case of the League of Villains, but I also have to train the new set of Heros. Class 1A. Shoto Todoroki is exactly like Dabi described when we were 16, but he has a lack of confidence and is antisocial and awkward. The opposite of the guy of blue flames.

Currently, it is nighttime and I'm cleaning up my area to make sure that the building is ready for training tomorrow. The training is endurance against me. I have 3 quirks, Future sight, Absorption, and Transmission. Basically, I can see their attacks, absorb all their blows and hits and send it right back at them.

But, as said before, I'm setting up for the lesson tomorrow when I felt extreme heat surrounding me. So I looked up and saw that I was surrounded by bright, burning blue flames.

Letting out a sigh, I stood up. "What do you guys want? And I know it's not just Dabi, but the entire league because the trees are decaying and because I know someone is trying to throw knives at me and that I'm getting surrounded. You can't sneak up on me." I growled, turning around. I can't jump over the flames since they go to the ceiling and are blocking the cameras.

But they just walked through the flames, smiling(technically smirking) at me.

"What do you want?" I snarled, getting ready to fight.

Dabi just raised his hands in mocking defeat. "We just came here to talk Y/N. No need to get defensive."

Don't get me wrong, Dabi is still handsome as fuck but he is so different to who I fell for. The same, yet very different. But he's trying to abuse the little trust I have in him, and it's not gonna work at all.

He walked closer to me. "You are coming with us some day. Whether you want to or not. You decided not to run away with me, so this is the consequence." He growled before the league disappeared and I was left alone.

I sighed, holding my hand over my chest, over my heart, to try and calm its racing beats. My face felt warm, which I'll just blame Dabi's fire that came really close to my body. But I refuse to love a villain.