In the name of love - Diavolo x reader

_______________________________________

A/N - Sort of a request? Feel free to comment if there's anything specific you'd like me to write about!

Also, f/c - favourite color.
______________________________________

Ever since Diavolo had announced the exchange party between demons, angels and humans to be held at his castle, everyone had been talking about it, all the way until the day came, and you could only agree to what Satan had said - even though you weren't sure whether it really was the most impressive building in all of the Devildom, it surely was magnificent, just like it's owner - Diavolo. 

You didn't want to admit it, but you didn't view him just as the ruler of the demons. How could you when he was so nice and dorky? You knew that the other demons were often intimidated of him, but that wasn't the case for you - the only problem you had was that you got shy whenever you were around him. Of course, you had heard of the things Diavolo had and could do, but that was a concern for another day.

It was already the second day you had spent in the castle, and as far as you knew, tomorrow was going to be last. The tour around the castle, and the scavenger hunt, it was all so fun that you didn't doubt that the dance party that was scheduled tomorrow would be awesome either, yet why were you so nervous about it? It had been so long since you had danced last time, what if you had forgotten how to do it properly? It seemed as if your brain was ready to pick at every littlest thing tonight, and at the moment it became unbearable, you decided to leave your room. 

Walking down the stairs, you began walking through the hallway silently, your eyes wandering around despite your mind being elsewhere. You could remember how Mammon once said that somewhere in the castle was a huge mirror, behind which is the entrance to a secret labyrinth, and inside the labyrinth.. That's where lived a monster feeding of demons. Not that it could harm you since you were a human, right? To think of it, you didn't see a mirror like that during the tour..

''You do know that the bedrooms are in opposite direction, one floor above, do you?'' You flinch as you hear a voice behind you. Turning around to see the voice of the owner, tou were surprised to see that Diavolo was still in his RAD uniform in such a late hour. Did he sleep in it too? Now that was something that only Lucifer could know since they were sharing rooms...

''Yeah, I just..uh..'' You tried to think of an explaination that didn't sound dumb, scratching your own cheek as you did.

''Unable to sleep? Me either, I went to clear my head outside just now, but if that can make you feel better..'' Diavolo offers; you shake your head however.

''I already feel better, thanks..'' You smile. As much as the thought of going outside with Diavolo was appealing, you also knew that both of you had to get some rest; you didn't want the ruler of demons to be tired because of you, neither did you want to burden him. ''I guess we both should get some sleep, considering that the party is tomorrow..'' You say awkwardly, but Diavolo just smiles at your words.

''Of course. Allow me to walk you to your room at least.'' This time you don't reject his offer. Together you walk through the hallway and to the stairs, the silence between you surprisingly being rather comfortable than stressful.

''So.. What are your thoughts about the retreat this far?'' Diavolo asks, his golden eyes focused on you.

''It's really nice, I enjoyed it. I really like it here.'' Even though your answer is short, it's full of enthusiasm, so much that the realization makes your cheeks become pink.

''In that case, my wish has came true.'' He smiles, stopping as you reach your room. ''Even though tomorrow's plan is a party, it won't be any less impressive than the previous days. I hope you're prepared.'' Diavolo says, eyeing you up and down. Is that a hint to not come in jeans? You held back a laugh about the thought.