the pizzeria

The clock hit 11:45, and you moved to turn off the TV; turning off the most recent episode of your favorite anime, despite your unwillingness on the inside. It had just gotten to the good part. How frustrating.

Begrudgingly, you then quickly threw some comfortable clothes on: a hoodie and some dark sweatpants. You didn't know if there was a dress code, and even if there was, you honestly didn't care at this point.

The job had interfered with anime, and that wasn't going to settle well with you. You definitely wouldn't be forgetting this anytime soon.

After heading down your apartment elevator, you started up your car, before turning on the radio with a click of a button. The familiar tunes on your Spotify playlist filled your ears, and the beats made your mood a little better.

Though, you couldn't keep thinking about that unfinished episode. What happened next? What if your favorite character ended up getting severely injured, or even killed? You wouldn't put it past the author to not pull something like that.

As you pulled out of the parking lot smoothly, you drummed your fingers against the steering wheel absentmindedly, immersing yourself in the music that was currently flooding throughout your car. It was dangerous to be so distracted, but you figured it wouldn't really matter as there weren't that many cars out at this late time.

"It was by that old barber's shop, wasn't it..?" You muttered under your breath, struggling to recall where exactly your new work was. It had been a while since you had really gone out just for the heck of it, since you were so busy with other things.

You drove to the spot, before the sight of white, glowing letters attracted your attention. Some of the letters had gone out, so it resulted in the words ' ari  ur no s Piz eria.'

Huh. It seemed lesser in quality than you had thought. What had happened to that refined, well-designed restaurant that you had seen in Google images?

It was strange. Really strange.

Oh well. You would find out more once you entered the Pizzeria. You parked in front, before glancing casually at the time.

Oh shit. You were about to be late to your first day of the job!

You quickly jumped out of your car and booked it into the Pizzeria. You nearly forgot to lock your car, but with a quick flick of your wrist over your shoulder, you locked it with a beep.

However, you saw in there wasn't what you expected at all.