haunted

"Ugh... When's the last time he activated us..?" A high-pitched voice lets out, distorted by what seemed like a broken voice box. But wait, if there was a voice box, then this... being must be...

Holy shit.

You looked over your shoulder slowly, before feeling a chill run down your spine. Standing there with faintly glowing yellow eyes, was Setsuno. And he looked slightly confused as he looked around, taking in the sight of pizzeria. The black puppet on his shoulder seemed to be deactivated, with its tiny arms hanging loosely from its body, head bowed.

Wait wait wait, this was all... this was wrong. How did that animatronic turn on by itself?! There had to be some sort of switch to activate it, right? There was no way that it was... acting on its own...

Who knows what it might do..? Was it dangerous? Would Setsuno hurt you upon seeing you?

Gosh darn it, why did you sign up for this job in the first place?!

Then, by instinct, you began to quickly run down the hallway, desperate to find the office. You would have to figure out everything here. Thinking about it, if you had just arrived on time, maybe none of this would've happened...

You heard the squeaking of metal echo throughout the building, and with a horrified realization, you realized that Setsuno was following after you.

You ran impossibly faster, before stopping at an open door. Well, two, on the other side of this little... room thing. It looked like an office with a swivel chair inside, and several posters were plastered on the walls. Most of them featured happy, smiling animatronics, with cheesy slogans slapped under the images.

Without thinking, you ran in, and quickly reached to slam your fist down on the large, red button with 'DOOR' labeled under it. The right door slammed shut, and with a heavy breath of relief, you collapsed in the chair.

Geez. That was... stressful. How would you survive this job without getting a heart attack?!

Then, the phone rang.