phone call

You freeze, turning to look at the source of extremely loud, irritating noise in this otherwise quiet office. A huff of frustration leaves you, and you quickly head over to pick it up, placing it next to your ear.

"Hello, hello? Goodbye, you piece o— uh, I wanted to record a message to help you on your first night — haha, good luck on staying alive, you noob! Damn it, I'm sorry, I— nope, not sorry!"

The first couple seconds of this message make your jaw drop slightly, and you wonder what's up this guy. He seems to be constantly contradicting himself, though it seems like he can't control it — you can tell from the apologetic splutters that come after the loud contradictions. Propping the receiver on your shoulder, you continue to listen.

"Uh, so I was actually working in that office before you, I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter o— nah bro, I hate that place! Nuh-uh, who the fuck would work there? Not m — Fuck, do I get to re-record this later..?"

A pause. And then the male keeps speaking, though sounding a bit worn out. He must not be allowed to re-record.

"So... I know it can be a little overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you that there's nothing to worry about — fear them!! Fear the animatronics, especially the one with golden eyes!!! Be careful, he's the most dangerou— Shut up, shut up!!!"

A slamming sound in the recording startles you, and it sounds like the male hit a surface in front of him in frustration. You're now slightly worried about the mention of... the one with the golden eyes.

None of the animatronics have golden eyes: Hari has dark ones, Nemoto with purple, and Setsuno has baby blue eyes. And Rappa... you're not even sure if he has eye sockets — that mask he wears covers his face up.

What is up with that... particular animatronic? And why do you have to fear all of them? Are they dangerous? Will they kill and hurt you?

The male then goes on to explain that you must watch the monitors to watch over the animatronics — to make sure that they don't get out of control. He notes that there's limited power each night, and you can only use so much before the power goes out.

'God... what kind of survival... "horror game" was this?!' You wonder, frightened.

The recording then cuts out, and you feel even more lost than before.