Doe (A Deer)

Harry gasped as his body hit the leafy ground. The roaring noise of a clustered group, substituted with the delightful singing of woodland birds. One moment they were in the ministry, running for their life, and now they were in a forest. What about Grimuald Place? Hadn't that been the plan? Grimmauld Place would be their base?

"Hermione!" Harry gasped, bouncing to his feet. He looked around to see the brunette girl bowed next to Ron, the boy having a wide slice down the stretch of his arm. Harry felt himself gasp, the wound looked pretty repulsive. "What happened?"

"I tried to take us back to Grimuald place." Hermione sobbed, as she quickly rummaged through her bag. From it, she pulled a flask, which she started to splash over Ron's cuts. The injuries quickly started to heal, skin coming back together as if being invisibly sutured. "Greyback took hold of me, he saw Grimuald place. I had to get us out of there, so I apparated to the first place I could think of. Ron got splinched!"

Harry walked closer, looking down upon his friend's squirming body. He groaned, he knew this was going to set them back several days. "Are we on foot?"

"Until Ron's better." Hermione agreed, turning towards her best friend with affliction in her eyes. They had just found a Horcrux, now they had hit another wall. "We can't risk additional injury, he has to sleep. We need to build a camp. Will you build the tent while I put up protecting wards?"

"Tent?" Harry murmured to himself more than anyone else. "Where am I meant to get a ten..."

Hermione didn't wait for the reply and just wandered a fair distance before she started muttering charms. His eyes darted to Hermione's bag.

~~~

"Goodbye, mum," Draco said, pulling out of the hug they shared. He turned to look at Snape with a small inclination. They had determined it better to do their goodbyes in an isolated place, they couldn't risk their exposure. Walking halfway along the manor's long plot was sure to give them the silence they required. "Are you sure about all of this Severus? Will this bring an end to the pain?"

"No doubt." The professor agreed, placing a hand on Narcissa's shoulder as a tear made its way down her cheek. "Draco, you do know once you leave, your mum and I must declare our distaste for you? You may overhear things, learn about things we say about you. Bella will also be on the warpath, that reminds me; her vault..."

"I'm a big boy Severus." Draco smiled, eyes trailing back on his mother for a few seconds. He let his godfather's last words glide over him, not wanting to discuss any more details in front of his mother. "Anything you have to say, you must. I'll be okay."

"But know we love you," Narcissa assured, receiving a kind-hearted eye-roll from her son. She sighed, turning away with tears in her eyes. Snape matched.

"Of course," Draco declared in a whisper. He watched as they walked away from him, knowing they couldn't chance being seen with him any longer. Turning away, he commenced walking further from the house and towards the front gate; although he wouldn't go all the way. He would apparate before the guards at the gate would see him.

"Draco?"

The blonde winced slightly, peeping back to see Lysander stood against a shrub. The boy was crimsoned, a cigarette hanging from his lips. Draco swallowed, turning to face him. Had he seen what had just happened, heard the conversation? The brunette was glimpsing at his backpack, eyebrows high on his face.

"Hey." The blonde smiled warmly. "Hiding from my aunt?"

"Yes." The boy uttered, looking around to see if anyone was observing them. Once he was sure no one was there, he walked closer to Draco with a low murmur. Draco couldn't help but take a breath when the boy ended up within 2 centimetres from him. "Where are you going? Are you running away?"