30

The goal was to get through this conversation without letting a single tear but damn, Emiliano got me there. My hot tears ran down my cheeks and pooled around my palm that was over my mouth. I knew Emiliano was cold-hearted but this still shocked me, "Don't bring him into this." I heard myself whisper as I stood to my feet.

He coldly looks at me, making me hate him even more, "Your choice. Either you give us a chance or he's dead." The fact that Emiliano said that with no remorse whatsoever had cold shivers traveling down my spine and bile rising at my throat. 

"Please, don't. Don't hurt him." My plead came out in a whisper and I looked at Elia, who's looking away with a guilt-ridden look.

"I wish it hadn't come to this Sienna, but you've given me no choice. I'm looking forward to getting to know you, daughter. So che gli vuoi troppo bene per lasciare che gli accada qualcosa." (I know you love him too much to let anything happen to him.)

"I can't believe you." I muttered and felt more tears down my cheeks, "How do you expect me to accept you as a Dad, let alone a fucking person when you give me ultimatums like that! How do you expect me to accept your family when all you guys do is hurt me! You two abandoned me, Jen fucking hates me for I don't know what reasons. Maybe she thinks I'm trying to take you two away." I shrug and choke on a sob as I physically cringe, "And Kai, he's always trying to make a move on me. Saying inappropriate things, touching me inappropriately!"

"He what?" Emiliano fumes, a vein on his temple throbbing like his pulse on his neck.

"Yea, every fucking chance he gets he's whispering shit in my ear, grabbing me in such disgusting and revolting ways! Why do you think Nate beat him to a pulp last night, hmm? Because he just had to feel me up and when I slapped him, he gripped me by my jaw and threaten me!" I fall back into my chair and sob into my hands. When someone puts a hand on my shoulder, I jump and slap Emiliano's hand away, "Don't fucking touch me!" 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know. He's gonna regret laying a finger on you." He says through gritted teeth.

I let out a scoff, "How can you be like that? Be so protective over me with other people but you, you give me ultimatums and threaten Nate. That's not fair." I whisper. 

"Life isn't fair." Emiliano had the audacity to say, with a small smile tugging at his lips may I add.

Not wanting them anywhere near me, I decided to play this little game of his, "I need time, I just need time to process all of this."

Emiliano holds out his hand for Elia and she happily takes it, "e all know what you're going to chose Sienna. But, I'll give you a day to process this all and get used to the idea of hearing from us. Just know, I'm not a very patient person Sienna." With that, they left and I felt the walls of my office closing in on me. The realization and heaviness that Nate was working with merciless and powerful people hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt my fingers tugging at the roots of my hair as I screamed, my throat going dry as the scream came out. 

I paced around my office for what felt like hours, trying to think of a way out of this situation but there isn't one. Nate said so himself, they can make him disappear and I doubt they'll have a problem doing the same with me. I jumped back when Oli wrapped his arms around my waist and he immediately put his arms up. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." He frowns and reaches for my hand, giving it a light squeeze, "What happened?"

I shake my head, "Thought you said I was easy to read in situations like these?"

He smiles small, "You are but I want to understand you as best as I can baby. Let's go home."

There's just something about Oli that makes me feel secure and even though I know it's wrong on so many levels, I still find myself agreeing to him, "Please." I don't even realize what I'm doing until Oli bites down on my lip and deepens the kiss. I pull away and give him a small smile, hoping that he doesn't notice it's a fake one.