Maintaining a Facade

"Y/N! Y/N!"

Jihyo-unnie's voice rushed into my ears.

I blinked a couple times before looking away from the car window, turning to the right to see the car door open.

The other nine members were looking at me.

"O-oh! I'm sorry!" I quickly say before scurrying outside, wiping myself down as I stand up from the car.

Sana-unnie giggled at my clumsiness. "Jwi, who were you thinking about? You almost made Jihyo yell as loud as she does with Tzuyu."

Jihyo-unnie and Tzuyu's faces instantly turned red as they both shot a glare at the squirrel, making the group snicker as Sana hid behind Dahyun.

It didn't register in my mind on what Sana-unnie meant at first, but when it did, my eyes widened and I waved my hands in front of me defensively.

"W-what?! No no, I was just lost in thought, th-that's all. Besides, I'm shy when it comes to photo shoots..." I manage to stutter out.

Jihyo-unnie reached around Dubu with precision, grabbing Sana-unnie's arm and dragging her off to the side.

She squeezed the squirrel's cheeks before saying, "Don't say things like that in front of the maknae!"

Sana-unnie began to whine as she hopelessly struggled against the leader. "But she's legal~ It's perfectly fin- ow ow ow! I'm sowwy, I'm sowwy~"

The other Twice members followed our manager into the building. I looked back at Sana-unnie with a worried look on my face before Jeongyeon-unnie patted my head.

"Come on, Y/N-ah. She'll be alright... Hopefully."

Jeongyeon took my hand and led me to the section of the building where the photos would be taken.

Our names were written on the stone floor and I stood in my respective spot, which was unsurprisingly at the end.

The photographer stood in front of us and scanned us with her eyes. Her expression remained unfazed, even when she glanced over at me.

"Where is-"

Jihyo-unnie arrived with a pouty squirrel behind her, two pinch marks being ever so present on her adorable face.

"I'm very sorry. I had to talk to Sana about something important," explained Jihyo-unnie as she took her spot at the front.

Sana-unnie took her spot in between Jeongyeon and Mina-unnie before bowing respectfully.

The photographer raised an eyebrow before continuing on. "Today, you all will be promoting school supply brands for the youth of our country. I hope being in a school uniform doesn't bring discomfort to any of you."

The maknae line smiled at the thought of pretending to be kids again. The unnies... did not.

"Splendid! Each of you have been assigned a certain look and a personal makeup artist. Please try not to fuss during your outfitting."

The makeup artists came out to greet my members before they split up. My makeup artist hadn't arrived yet, so I stood on my name awkwardly as I resorted to look around the set.

It looked like our photos would be in a school-type environment with some desks and chairs in front of a chalkboard.

I fiddled a bit with my hands before I heard a frantic voice behind me. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you Y/N-shi? I had a rough morning."

I turned around and looked at my makeup artist. She was a little flustered with bits of her hair somewhat disheveled. She looked like she was a bit older than Nayeon-unnie.