Chapter 18:"Torment and tests".

His body was carried into the hospital with his hand still holding tightly onto her hand who is a crying badly.

"Please, Zafar. I am sorry. Stay with me. Don't leave me". She cried

He wanted to speak. He wanted to ask her to stop crying that it hurts him more than her. That nothing was her fault but his own shortcomings.

"Who are you to the patient?". The doctor asked her

She looks in his eyes then back at the doctor without a delay she replied, "I am his wife".

The moment she said those words he knew that was all he needed. That acceptance from her and that acceptance that none of them ever thought of. To have her say she was his and to be called by his name.

He passed out.

Because that was he ever wanted so far.

While for her, after she said those words she felt a different kind of surge within her. Maybe because she said it outright claiming it in the open finally.

But it felt good and right.

To be called his wife.

The doctor immediately took him inside working on him leaving her to deal with thoughts on her own.

Fear, anxiety, pain and regret.

Each of them washing over her making her heart heavy. She shouldn't have said that she shouldn't have done that.

She was a coward like him.

She never did anything but ask him to do something. If she wanted she had chances to say it too but she never did. She simply kept asking him to do all of it.

Doesn't that make her more than a coward?.

She hates it.

She hates herself now.

She sits on the waiting chair after filling the forms for the operation waiting for any updates. For hours, she tries her best to stay positive and not break down.

"He is in critical condition". Those first words made her break

The doctor went back inside while she cries this time for him. She cannot even think about losing him now.

"Bhai, can you come to the hospital with Zafar's and our family?". She said finally calling them

Her brother thankfully didn't ask many questions asking her to hold on while he gathers everyone. She didn't know the future which is enough for her to be anxious about but his family deserves to know about his condition more.

"What happened?". His father asked angrily

"I-I don't know. I was following his car to speak to him and then his car rollover". She explained shortly not being able to speak without breaking down

"I don't understand. Why was he driving over the limit?". His father said frustrated

His mother just cries in his brother's arms.

"What about the surgery?. How come he is inside without any of his family members signing him in?". His father asked confused

"T-That-". She stuttered when she remembers that the regret only widens the more she doesn't speak, "Because I am his wife".

The shock on each of their faces told her that she had finally done it.

"You are going to follow me and do what I say". Her father ordered