✰Chapter 7✰

Six months passed and even though it was the last thing I wanted to do, I learned to shut out my grief. Ben is gone and I have accepted that. I have continued training with Master Skywalker to finish my Jedi training. He wanted to stop, but I knew I needed to finish what I started all those years ago. I wasn't going to let the Jedi die with Jaz and all the others that Ben killed that night.

"Raven, I don't know what else to tell you. You passed your final test," Master Skywalker says to me.

"No, I didn't. I took eight tests, there's nine to become a Jedi," I say, crossing my arms.

"Well, how do you suggest passing your 'teamwork' test?" he asks, putting his hands on his hips.

I roll my eyes. "If I don't pass that test, I won't be a true Jedi."

He lets out a breath. "Okay, how about this? We take that night and pretend that was your 'teamwork' test."

A few days after the night Ben turned on all of us, we started calling it 'that night' to avoid pulling any unnecessary triggers for either of us.

I look at him for a few seconds. "So that would mean I'm a Jedi now?" I ask softly.

He nods slowly. "Yes, I think so," he says. "Congratulations, Master Solo."

I can't hold back the grin on my face. "Thank you, Master Skywalker."

"Raven, I need to talk to you about something," he says, motioning to the two boulders to my right. We sit down across from each other. "I need you to go back to your parents."

I stare at him blankly. "No," I say without missing a beat.

He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Why not?" he asks.

"Going to my parents means facing the truth. I don't want to do that," I say, catching the inside of my cheek between my teeth. "I won't do that."

"Raven..."

"No, don't do that. I am never going back there," I say, standing up.

"Then what's your plan?" he asks, folding his arms. "You're going to move to a deserted planet and live a farmer's life?"

"Maybe, I don't know!" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air. "But you can't ask me to do that, Master."

"When I took you and Ben with me, I made a promise to your mother that I would bring you both back to her. Let me keep at least half of that promise," he says.

Tears burn in my eyes and I refuse to look at him. "I haven't seen her in over fifteen years and you just expect me to show up and tell her that her son has turned to the Dark Side?" I ask him. "With all due respect, Master, but I refuse to do that."

"Don't you think she deserves to know? She's had to miss her children for over fifteen years as well, you know?" he says, trying to catch my eyes. I finally look up.

"She'll hate me," I whisper.

"What? Why would you say that?" he asks me, his blue eyes filling with sympathy.

I shake my head, biting back tears. "We were supposed to look after each other, but I was so caught up in fighting my own demons that I completely lost sight of Ben. It's my fault he turned and I can't be the person to tell my mother that," I say.

"Don't say that! This is not your fault!" Master Skywalker says forcefully, gripping my arms. "You had nothing to do with this and I know for a fact that your mother will be over the moon to see you."

Tears spill from the corners of my eyes, staining my cheeks. "Are you sure?" I whisper, wrapping my arms around myself.

"Positive," he confirms.

I clench my jaw shortly before nodding. "Okay," I agree.

"Okay?" he asks, surprised.

"Okay," I confirm. "I'll go back."

"That's great, Raven, I'm proud of you." He offers me a smile that I can't reciprocate.

I let out a long breath. "Do you even know where they are?" I ask.

"Yeah, they moved back to D'Qar," he says. "Your mom has been keeping me updated through the years in case either of you wanted to go home."

I blink softly. "I barely remember what she looks like. Or Dad," I mutter.

"You're about to find out," he tells me as he turns around. I frown before jogging after him. We end up near a cliffside that I have never visited before. Master Skywalker stops near the edge before he motions down. I peer over the edge and spot an aged X-Wing standing on the beach.

"How long has that been here?" I ask.

"A few years," he says, folding his hands behind his back.

"And you expect me to fly it?"

"No, of course not. That would be dangerous," he tells me. "R2 is coming with you." As if on cue, the blue and white droid approaches us, beeping excitedly. I giggle at something he said before patting the top of his head.

My smile then falters. "You're not coming?" I ask Master Skywalker.

He smiles sadly. "You know I can't," he says.

"Why not? You just convinced me to go!" I say. "I'm not leaving you here on your own."

"I'm not staying here," he says. "I found a spot for me that's perfect to live out the rest of my life. There is nothing for me in this place anymore."

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I can't tell you, and you have to promise you won't ever come looking for me," he tells me.

I let out a breath and my eyes fill with tears.

"Hey, don't be sad. You're gonna be fine," Master Skywalker tells me, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder. "But, Raven, the two of us are the last of the Jedi and your brother knows that. You have to be careful out there."

I nod. "I promise as long as you do the same."

"Okay, now get out of here. Your parents are waiting," he says, motioning to the X-Wing. I offer him a final smile which he gladly mimicks before I travel down to the beach where the X-Wing is waiting for me. R2 places himself in the droid compartment and I sit down in the cockpit, not knowing in the slightest what I have to do. R2 turns on the engine and I can't help but grip the sides of my seat tightly as the X-Wing rises from the ground.

I look down and see Master Skywalker looking at us with a smile. I wave shortly and he chuckles before waving himself. R2 steers the X-Wing away from the island and into space before sending us into Hyperspace.

After not even ten minutes, we arrive at a green planet and R2 flies us toward a landing platform after sending them our information. He lands the X-Wing smoothly and I clamber out of the cockpit. As soon as my feet hit the ground, I realise how badly I'm shaking. Two men in uniforms approach me and R2.

"Ms Solo, welcome back," the tallest one says.

"Thank you," I say, uncomfortably wrapping my robes tighter around myself. "Where are my pa-"

"Raven?" a female voice calls and I perk up, looking past the man to find my mother running toward me. I smile broadly before she pulls me in a tight hug. "Oh, my God. I'm so happy to see you," she says, holding my close. A lump forms in my throat and I just hold on tight.

She pulls back and holds my face in her hands. She looks me over with teary eyes. "Look at you," she whispers, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "How are you? You need to tell me everything..." Her voice falters when she realises I'm by myself. "Where is Ben?"

I lower my eyes.

"Raven, where is your brother?" she urges.

"He's not here. I don't know where he is," I say, looking up.

"What happened?" she asks.

"Mom, where is Dad?" I ask her in return.

"He's inside. Come on." She takes my hand in hers and takes me to our old family home.