✰Chapter 32✰

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

"She in there?" Poe asks as he stalks up to the entrance of the bridge. 

"The admiral's banned you from the bridge," Commander D'Acy responds. "Let's not have a scene." 

"No, let's," he shoots back, pushing past her and making a beeline for the admiral. "Holdo!" 

"Captain, you're not allowed in here," D'Acy tries, although she knows it's of little use. 

"Flyboy," Holdo greets him. 

"Cut it, lady," he states. "We had a fleet, now we're down to one ship and you've told us nothing." He motions to the group around them. "Tell us that we have a plan! That there's hope!" 

"When I served under Leia, she would say 'hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can see it...'"  

"Then you will never make it through the night," Poe finishes, recalling Raven telling him that a few times when he was stressed. He lets out a sigh before a burbling sound reaches his ears. He looks up and stares at the monitor in disbelief. "Are you fueling up the transports?" 

Holdo just stares back.

"You are..." Poe breathes when he steps closer. "All of them? We're abandoning ship? Is that... That's what you got? That's what you brought us to?" The rage surging through him snaps and he kicks at a chair, sending it hurtling through the air before it meets the ground again. "Coward!" he shouts at the woman. "Those transport ships are unarmed, unshielded. We abandon this cruiser, we're done. We don't stand a chance. No, you are not just a coward, you are a traitor." His voice trembles with anger but not one part of him regrets his words. 

Holdo glares up at him. "Get this man off my bridge," she states. Two guards lead him away and he finds himself in Leia's hospital room again. 

"Raven, where are you?" he mutters to himself. He takes out the communicator from his pocket and switches it on. "Finn, you there?" 

"Yeah, we're here," he answers after a second. 

"Good, how far are you? Holdo's loading the crew in the shuttle. She's going to abandon ship," Poe says. 

"We're close. We can shut the tracker down. Just buy us a little more time." 

Poe sighs. "Have you heard from Raven?" he asks.

"No, but I don't think things are looking good for her." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I think she joined Snoke." 

"That's not true." 

"Poe-"

"No, it isn't. It can't be. Just shut that tracker down. Hurry," Poe says before switching off the communicator. He ponders over his option for a second before rising to his feet again. He rushes to the hangars where he finds everyone gathering the necessary supplies and loading them onto the transports. 

"Holdo!" he calls and she turns around with rolling eyes. 

"What?" she snaps. 

"We can't leave. Not yet," he states, hoping his choice of words will buy him the time he desperately needs.

He quickly explains the situation in as little words as he can. 

"So the Jedi, a Stormtrooper and a who are doing what now?" she asks when he finishes his explanation. 

"They are trying to save us," Poe states. "This is our best chance for escape. You have to give Raven, Finn and Rose all the time that you can." 

"You have bet the survival of the Resistance on bad odds and put us all at risk?!" she exclaims. "There's no time now. We have to get clear of the cruiser. Load the transports!"