-10-

For a long time, Joanna could remember playing as a mother. Her friends would come over and they would play family, and as always, Joanna would choose to play as the mother. How come? She always aspired to be one.

  Callie taught her so many things that she would pass onto her friends as she played her role. Sometimes she would even become too serious in her role. Actually believing that she was a mother towards somebody.

  Now, she was. Her beautiful, healthy little boy: Ethan Whitlock. Why the change of the last name? It was Jasper's choosing and before she went into labor, they discussed this and finalized his name. Ethan, such a glorious name for a stunning child.

  Grey eyes like his mother, cold and full of glee. He was wild, insane like his mother, but also collected like his other half. He would become a mark in history for all of mankind.

  Baby.

Baby boy.

Baby!

  Her eyes snapped open and she regretted it all at once. Sometime when she was sleeping - changing - the world became brighter. Squinting her eyes, she noticed the chandelier above her was way too bright. Dialed way past the marker. But as she looked away and towards her side, she was greeted by sunlight.

  That was much worse than the lights above her.

  So she looked the other way and sighed in ease when she noticed to her left that there was no light. However, that was even worse because she could see everything. Literally. The dust particles that everyone could see but barely, she could see every little detail. Whisps of hair floated in the air, drifting by her as if it was being guided by the sea.

   The wooden floor, why she could see every tiny crack and specks of dirt within them. Her eyes landed on the painting in the room. One of her own paintings. It was a large hand escaping the depths of a sea full of oranges and yellows.

  The story Icarus inspired her to create the piece and she realized that it resembled her life. And now, her second life.

  She lifted herself off the bed she laid on, and she made no noise. Spooked, she stared down at the leather piece of furniture she was on before her ears picked up the noise of someone entering the room.

  Jasper.

  "Jasper," she whispered, and her voice left her off guard. Last time she checked, her voice didn't sound like a symphony of whimsical instruments. "How long was I asleep?"

  "The medicine delayed your awakening," he explained, but he didn't wait for her to say anything more. In the eyes of her human self, he would've appeared in less than milliseconds in front of her, now it only took a few moments. His hand, warm and welcoming, clasped her shoulders before he placed his lips on hers.

   Electrifying.

  His taste, so devine and luscious, she couldn't control it as she pulled his forward. Damn, she missed this and was beyond glad that she wouldn't be able to leave this. To leave him.

  To never leave her son.

  "Where is he?" She asked as they pulled away, breathless without any air. The feeling was alien to her; not being able to breathe anymore, but like all things unfamiliar to her, she would meet with them and become used to it. "Where is Ethan, Jasper?"

  "Last time I checked, Seth was hogging him," he tells her, his touching moving down to her elbows as she stumbles out of the bed. He holds her still, but with her newborn strength, she breaks free. "He's safe, Joanna." Though she heard him, her silent heart begged for him.