epilogue.

August 13, 2020

"...if Alice sees you with all those bags, Bells, she's going to throw a huge fit." Their footsteps echoed in the Hale household as they made their way towards Joanna's and Jasper's shared bathroom. Clicking her tongue, the immortal sits down the bride in a stool, ordering her to be prepared. "I already locked the doors, but knowing Alice, she'll break through."

  Bella furrows her dark brows. "Has she done this before? You guys moved in back in April."

  Thinking for a moment, Joanna fixes the sleeveless, mauve-colored dress before flicking her golden eyes to her friend. A smile dances on her lips. "No, but Ethan did by mistake."

  Eyes bulging, Bella nods away at this information. "Yeah," the mother continues as she pulls out a rat tail comb and a brush, "he doesn't know his own strength." Running her fingers through Bella's light strands, she studies herself in the mirror. A lot has changed since she, herself, had changed. Though, a fear lingered in her from the Volturi that she hasn't seen since winter. Bella notices her friend's change in behavior,

  "Are you alright? I thought it was the bride that had to be worried today."

If she was still human, Joanna's cheeks would be brighter than all the stars in the galaxy. Rolling her eyes, she quickly works on the bride's hair. Fortunately, Bella had barely a tangle in her hair that day, so styling was easy.

  The room stank of hairspray and laughter from the girls. At one point, Esme, Rosalie, and Alice had entered the home just as Joanna placed the last pin in the masterpiece that was Bella's hair.

  "Seems like your ability in art extends to hair-styling," Esme comments, rubbing the girls' shoulders. "Rosalie and Alice would like to work on her makeup." The blonde sends her a small look before working on Bella. With Bella being taken over by the two girls, Esme takes the moment to spend some time with Joanna.

  The two leave the bathroom to head into the open spaced living room and kitchen. The house used to belong to Emmett and the boys for when they had their games. The coven used to despise when the boy would be hollering and nearly destroying furniture from how intense a simple game of football could get.

However, the house was soon given to the Hale family as a present. It was a quaint yet spacious, three bedroom, two bathroom home.

  Joanna and Jasper's bedroom was located on one end of the home while Ethan's was nested right by the living room where he had his own bathroom next door. Standing in her living room, however, was a pair of humans that made her freeze for a moment.

  "Oh," she says before letting out a small laugh as the two turn towards her, "I didn't expect to you guys here. What's up, Mr. Swan? And, my apologies, Mrs. Dwyer?"

  The humans were obviously contrast to each other, but yet they joined together to create one that was Joanna's best friend. The redheaded, wide-eyed older woman let out a similar laugh, nodding her head frantically. "Renee, honey, and you're Jo, yeah?"

  Charlie produces a small smile that paints small wrinkles on his aged face. "Yep, that's the wild child that Callie has."

  "You make it seem like I'm insane," Joanna jokes, walking closer to the couple. Esme was right behind her, greeting the two. 

  Bella's father lets out a breathy chuckle. "No," he states, "Renee is the insane one."

  Responding to his words, Renee shots him a joking glare before following Esme as she guides her towards her daughter. Charlie remained behind with Joanna.