Ch.2 Ornstein

After completing his training Artorias left the place he called home to go and begin his quest in slaying the dark and bring fourth a new light for his God. He didn't know where to begin but he wandered the vast lands of green such colors Artorias had never seen and new large valleys and lakes that seemed to stretch miles on and on.
He even got to witness the beautiful gift of life and see different species birds and other creatures with different goals but they were in the act of survival, he knew he couldn't judge how these creatures lived there lives but he hoped they would all do there best to move on in life.

It was night, Artorias set up camp and rested but didn't let his guard down his mind wandered his thoughts came slow but they were solid questions he had for himself, his creator and others. Where did grimm even come from? Were we made to thrive or suffer? Am I a real warrior, or a failsafe? He learned much in his training time, but what else was there to do except listen to the lessons the god of light told him?

As night shifted to day Artorias was awoken by the sounds of fighting, spells being casted and shouting. He stood quickly grabbed his gear and set course for the fighting, he rushed through the trees low hanging branches were broken from his sheer speed and force he was running at. He dashed through a large row of bushes and emerged in another side and he saw a group of humans fighting grimm, they were struggling to keep up with the numbers the grimm were coming at.
A large swarm began to rush towards the group but a large bolt of light divided the horde down the middle and it spread and killed the others that stood to close.

Artorias looked at the warrior he stood talk with pride in gold armour and with staff that seemed to hold the largest of storms, just looking at him Artorias felt inspired to fight at his side. And that's what he did he ran towards the conflict and saw his target.

A large goliath.

He rushed the monster head on and with a large front leap he twirled himself forward and swung his sword down dividing the beast in two and the smoke emerged the other grimm turned to see what eliminated there muscle. And they attacked the new foe. But none could lay a hand in him as he swung his sword left and right he was mowing them down and there numbers began to shrink greatly. This fight was as easy as letting them come to him and he would slice through the horde with ease, not even the Beowolves could surround him effectively enough to even secure a hit let alone a scratch.

A screeching roar was let out and the other beowolves backed off Artorias looked towards the roar and saw the alpha. It crawled on all fours and howled, the others followed it's lead. Artorias stood his ground he looked the alpha and studied it carefully so he could pick any other alphas out later if he were to ever encounter one again. The alpha slowly began to circle Artorias which made the knight only circle with the beast. With a loud howl the alpha charged.

Artorias hit the beowolve with his shield and quickly stuck his sword in it's belly and sliced up to its head. The sheer brutality of the kill shook the others and they ran.

The aftermath left multiple trails that were grimm that didn't even get the chance to fight, they only died to the knight. Artorias cleaned his sword and looked to where the people were but a spear was inches from piercing his head and pulling his brain out.

???: "Identity yourself or be slain stranger!"

Artorias: "My name is Artorias...I'm here to help you."

???: "If that's true put that sword away."

He put his sword away, as well as he could and he looked at the other warrior and saw the differences.

???: "Well Artorias, we appreciate the help. My name is knight Ornstein."

Ornstein stick his hand out and they shaked hands. A new bond was forged between the two knights.