ii. the last of us

・ 。゚✧: *.☽
˗ˏˋ 𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 'ˎ˗
⊱ ────── 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾
𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑶 ━━ the last of us

 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑶 ━━ the last of us

.⋆。⋆🌧️˚。⋆。˚☣˚。⋆.
◟ ✦ We look after
each other now. ❞

"WE HAVE TO DO IT NOW."

"It's still in the development stage.You don't know what it's gonna do to her!"

"By the time it's ready, she'll be dead. The calculations say it works. Johanne, we have to do it now."

Sven looked up from his phone, hearing distant voices of his parent's arguing. He looked down at Kai on a breathing machine.

"I won't let my daughter be injected something that has'nt been researched thoroughly." Johanne's voice shook. "You think I want my daughter to die, huh?"

He kissed his little sister's head before peaking out of the patient room, softly walking toward where the voices were coming from.

"But we already know everything there is to know. We have to try."

"It might not be a mutagen; that's what you told me!"

"Are you afraid it'll kill her? She's already dying!" Sten raised his voice. "I'm the one at the facility over this whole thing. All the calculations say it works. I showed you the simulations."

"Right, simulations, Sten, not reality."

"They simulate reality! We're doing it now!"

Johanne shot up in fury, turning the corner back to the patient room. Her expression softened at the sight of her shaken son; she placed her trembling hand on his shoulder as she led them back to the room. The walk back was silent.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Kai jolt awake to the sound of her blaring alarm. After silencing it, she pushed her bird nest of hair back before rolling out of bed, mindlessly walking to her dresser. As she reached for it, she realized it wasn't there. She wiped her eyes and looked around in confusion before remembering what happened.

Simone, that was her name.

The teen yawned and tried to stretch her muscles. She swallowed harshly before slowly walking to the door, cracking it. Seeing no one in the hallway, she quickly grabbed her toiletries before slowly closing the door and tiptoeing down the hall in the direction that she thought the bathroom was. Finding it and checking her surroundings, she closes the door.

Kai brushed her teeth and splashed her face with water before looking at her hair supplies. She sighed; of course, it was wash day. Rolling her eyes and sucking it up, she washed her long, thick, curly hair, taking a shower while she was at it.