ix. liar, lair

・ 。゚✧: *.☽
˗ˏˋ 𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 'ˎ˗
⊱ ────── 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾
𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬 ━━ liar, liar

 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬 ━━ liar, liar

.⋆。⋆🌧️˚。⋆。˚☣˚。⋆.
◟ ✦ I've never really had friends. ❞

AFTER THE WHOLE ORDEAL back at Mack Crazy Pants lab, we ran to an abandoned barn of sorts. At least I thought it was since it was dark and I couldn't get a good look at it. My head pounded on the way there causing me to get dizzy and fall once or twice, but luckily Bea helped me up. It's been about an hour since we got here, and nobody has really said anything. We all sat in a circle next to a fire.

Order of how they are sitting

Patrick➝ Martin ➝ Simone ➝ Ras ➝ Kai ➝ Lea ➝ Beatrice

Everyone looks torn, especially Lea, because Jean might possibly be dead. I tried to comfort her by sitting closer and putting my head on her shoulder. Even though I could see the brokenness on her face, she still gave me a small smile of appreciation. I don't know why but I just feel he's still out there. I hope that wherever he is, he comes back. I know we weren't really close, but he was a funny guy at least. He made me laugh more than I had in years. Lea doesn't deserve this.

I think this has brought all of us even closer. I stare into the fire letting my mind wander an think about the group.

Lea is a loving, caring person. I've seen how inviting she is with the siblings and I and how she truly cares for the group. Her faith in her religion is inspiring since when I was little, I was religious. Even now, when we believe Jean is dead, she prays.

Martin, even though he was a huge ass initially (kinda still is), he's a good leader. I'm surprised that he hasn't kicked us out yet. He did help me when I got stabbed as well. In a way, I feel indebted to him. He's shown that he's brave and loyal to the people on his good side. I wonder if that includes me now.

Patrick is the one I'm not sure I'll ever like. Ever since we got here, he has despised us. I believe I'll be okay if I avoid him, but I lowkey think he's hiding something.

When Beatrice told Ras and me about her past, it made me empathize with her. I know what it feels like to lose your whole family. But I'm lucky enough to have one family member by blood left. And to have found another with the siblings and the group.

I feel my throat tighten. From the traumatic experiences of my childhood, my dark dreams recently, all the death surrounding me, I feel like I'm drowning.

I get up from my seat and start to walk toward the entrance of the barn. It's even dark out, and I don't think anyone noticed me leave. They were probably stuck in their heads as well.

I wrap my arms around myself before closing my eyes. After a few shaky breaths, I hear footsteps approach me. Suddenly I feel hands grab my shoulders, startling me.