xiii. genesis

・ 。゚✧: *.☽
˗ˏˋ 𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 'ˎ˗
⊱ ────── 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾
𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 ━━ genesis

 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 ━━ genesis

.⋆。⋆🌧️˚。⋆。˚☣˚。⋆.
◟ ✦ This is only the beginning. ❞

BIRDS CHIRPED WELCOMING THE NEW DAY. The sun shined through the trees near the cabin Martin lead them to. Everyone was still sleeping except for Martin and Patrick, who sat near a hill conversing. But what no one noticed was a certain curly-headed girl missing from the corner of the room.

As soon as she saw Martin and Patrick leave, she quickly but quietly left her sheets. Kai made sure no one knew that she was gone. She didn't want anyone following her, especially her best friend.

She walked down a trail aimlessly, nearing a lake far from the cabin.

Ever since she found out about her gift (even though she called it more of a curse), she subconsciously was scared to use it.

When she was almost sacrificed at the cult's mansion, she nearly exposed herself. She feared of losing control and becoming the thing she feared most—a monster.

Kai felt weird being there as if she didn't know what she was doing. But the truth was she didn't.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves. If she wanted to learn to control it, she had to start somewhere.

Kai took a quick look around her, making sure that no one was around. She took off her jacket (more like Rasmus's jacket), shaking her hands.

She took another breath, closing her eyes.

She focused on the environment around her—the trees flowing in the morning breeze. The birds chirping became more clear. The pitter-patter of water dripping from flower's morning dew. The sound of a squirrel jumping branch before scurrying down a tree. She felt its energy flowing.

She finally opened her eyes, them already being a familiar dark color. She glanced at her reflection in the water before looking on the shore. Stones were scattered amongst the shore giving her an idea.

She held out her arm, focusing on one. At first, nothing happened, frustrating the girl. But after a few moments, it started to shake, slowly rising in the air. The girl smiled at her little accomplishment before shifting to the lake in front of her. She tried to make the pebble skip on the water. Unfortunately, as soon as she got to the second skip, it sunk.

She frowned a little, lifting another stone smoother and faster than the last time. She flicked her wrist, the stone skipping a few more times before sinking. She tried a few more, trying two at the same time. It was a little harder, but she managed to do it.