8

"Lord Jesse?" Areon says softly after knocking on the study door.

"Yes, Areon, what can I do for you?" Jesse asks intently. In the five years Areon has lived with them he rarely seeks an audience with any of the lords. Only if it has to do with Esmeralda does he seek them out.

"That bitch sister, Leslie, has been causing problems for Lady Esmeralda again. She and a bunch of her whore sheep came out of the slave quarters and started bullying my lady. She managed to hide the tears until she reached her room, but she spent hours crying afterwards."

Jesse pinches his lips down in anger. That isn't the first time Leslie has caused problems for Esme, she had been warned that if she did it again then she would be further punished.

"Thank you, Areon, I appreciate you telling me. Esmeralda holds it in and refuses to say anything."

"That's not all, my lord. That man whore married to Leslie has been creating problems among the men. They are bad mouthing Lady Esmeralda. She hasn't heard it yet, but some of the servants have and brought it to my attention. I overheard them talking. They are planning something against her, but I don't know what. I didn't dare wait to let you know."

Now Jesse is furious. His pen snaps causing ink to splatter every where. "You did right in telling me. Would you find and send in my brothers please?"

"Yes, my lord, right away." Areon leaves as fast as he dares. He quickly locates Carlo and sends him in. He searches for the twins and finds them. After sending them to Jesse he lets out the glee at what he's sure to see. That bitch and her whore boy are about to receive the punishment they should have received years ago. 

Soon Leslie will be brought to term with the fourth child and she'll be sent to the werewolves. She is still unaware of her further punishment. Areon's father has several nasty punishments waiting for the whore. Now with the agitation that the whore boy is giving he'll likely be given to the wolves as well.

Areon is pleased and not surprised in the least that there is a call for them all to assemble for a punishment. He goes and gathers Esme for the mandatory call. He escorts her to the platform. Jesse and his brothers will want her near to them as they give out the punishment.

When this happened the first time, Areon was worried that it would cause Esmeralda problems. Instead he finds her satisfied that her former villagers are being punished. When he questioned her he found out that they are the ones that followed her sister and made her life miserable when she was growing up in her village.

Jesse smiles warmly at Esme when he sees her take her place and gives Areon a nod. Areon makes sure that he remains watchful and vigilant. More than one of the humans have tried to harm Esme during one of the punishments. The first time it happened he almost failed to protect Esme. It was only him placing himself in front of the crude knife that Esme was spared. Had it not been for Jesse giving him his healing blood he would have bled out before the wound could close sufficiently to keep him alive.

He loves serving Esmeralda and now owes Lord Jesse his life. He will serve them both for as long as his services are required. Even after he takes over as alpha if it is asked for. Lord Jesse has his loyalty and Jesse knows it and won't abuse it.

Once everyone has the chance to assemble Jesse looks over the crowd. His brothers have taken a roll call and nod to him to signal him to start the punishment.

"Welcome once more. It seems that some people need some harsh lessons to learn their place and show respect to those that have saved their asses." Jesse smiles cruelly as he looks over the slaves and they cower away from him, both the males and the females.