Telling the Burrow

Hermione stood in her kitchen; the pensive (which she charmed to a miniature size for easy transport) in one hand and the two viles containing the memories in the other. She set everything on the counter again and took a step back to run her hands over her unwrinkled dress, again, and took yet another deep breath. She knew she was stalling but she couldn't help it. She had to go tell the only family she had that she wasn't actually the person they all thought she was. That she thought she was. 

Hermione shook her head, grabbed everything off the counter and apparated to the burrow before she could stop herself. Again. 

When she landed, she took one last deep breath before walking up to the door and knocking with her foot. 'I should have brought a damn purse.' Hermione thought to herself. 

Luckily she didn't have to wait long before Ginny opened the door and threw her arms around her. "Oh 'Mione I'm so glad your back so soon! Your last visit was so short!" 

"I know," The two girls pulled apart smiling, "I actually have something to tell everyone." 

"Well come in!" Ginny turned and walked back into the crowded house. "I love your dress by the way, I never knew you looked so good in white."

"Hermione dear, if I knew you were coming we would have held off on lunch!" Mrs. Weasley said while she gave Hermione a bone crushing hug. 

"That's alright, I'm really not hungry." Hermione looked around the room and was glad to see everyone already there, "I actually have something really, really big to tell you guys and I don't know how to say it so I'm just going to show you." Hermione walked over to the coffee table and set everything down before pulling her wand from the deep pocket of the skirt of her dress to return the pensive to its original size. 

"'Mione, when did you get a pensive?" Harry asked from his spot on the couch beside Ginny. 

"Well I'll get to that." Hermione took a deep breath before launching into the long story of everything that happened yesterday. No one said anything until Hermione finished talking and looked at them expectantly. 

"Hermione, you don't actually believe her, do you?" Ron looked up at her with disgust on his face. 

Before she could answer Harry cut her off, "What memories did you bring 'Mione?" 

"Just watch." Hermione pulled the corks off both viles and poured them in. Once they swirled each person got up and took turns leaning into the pensive to watch the memories together. 

When they all came back out, everyone looked at the brunette standing there in her floor length, white flowy dress, but not one of them could bring themselves to say a single word. 

"Mrs. Malfoy was the only one who knew where that tiny little baby went, where I went.' Hermione cleared her throat, "that's why she was the one to come back for me now that the treats gone. She never said it but I think its pretty safe to assume, they want me to be in their lives now."

"So," Ginny looked around, "What are you gonna do?"

"There's a spell that when preformed, pulls a forgotten memory from ones mind, Mrs. Malfoy suggested we do it to retrieve my perspective from what happened that day. I want to do it and I need three of you to help do it and I would like the rest of you to stand by and watch."

"You need six of us, not three." Hermione turned to see Charlie Weasley standing at the bottom of the stairs. 

"Mrs. Malfoy wants to be one of them and she said she had two others who would want to help. Im assuming it's my birth parents." 

"No!" Ron yelled as he jumped up from the chair he was sitting on, "there's no way your going to stand there and let those death eaters point their wands at you!" Ron was shaking with rage.

"RONALD WEASLEY THATS ENOUGH! This is NOT up to you! This is my family and my choice so I suggest you get on board to stand watch or you go to your room!" Hermione felt everyone's eyes on her as she stood there, starring at Ron.

"Okay" Ron said calmly while he raised his hands as if to say I surrender, "I'm out. Have fun with your death eater family 'Mione."

Everyone watched silently as Ron walked up the stairs and slammed his door.

"Hermione, I think what your doing is brave & I respect that. Not only am I in, but I will help cast the spell."

"Thank you Charlie, it means a lot." Hermione looked from him to the others behind her.

"I'm in as long as I get to help with the spell too, just because your getting a new family doesn't mean you aren't still my sister." Harry got up and hugged Hermione as he spoke.

"Hermione, I don't know if you've viewed me as a mother but I have always seen you as another one of my children. I too, will help with the spell." Molly looked from Hermione to her husband.

"I couldn't agree more Molly, were both going to be there for you 'Mione." Arther returned his wife's smile.

Soon every Weasley, except Ron, had all agreed to go and support the crying girl in the middle of a very large group hug.